Five days

Scarson
on 7/25/14 8:24 am - Canada

I am five days away from surgery. I have never been so hungry, liquids only since Monday and still exercising 60  mins per day. So tired I nap frequently. I am not even thinking as I normally do. Is this what life is going to be like after WLS? I don't want to live like this.

Gwen M.
on 7/25/14 8:28 am
VSG on 03/13/14

It will probably be like that for the first week or two, maybe even a month, but then you'll heal and life will find its new normal and things will be great.  You might need to cut back on the exercise since you might not be taking in enough calories to sustain it, but I'm no expert there!  

I'm rarely hungry and I can't remember the last time I took a nap.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Bufflehead
on 7/25/14 8:28 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

Don't worry, you won't live like this for long! Yes, it will probably suck for a bit after surgery. You'll be on liquids and you'll be tired. But if you are like most of us, you won't be hungry and you certainly won't be exercising 60 minutes a day! For the first weeks after your surgery, you'll just focus on staying hydrated, getting in what protein you can, and resting/napping when you feel like you need it. Gentle walks are great if you feel up to them. Don't rush yourself -- take the time (and painkillers!) you need.

We will all be here to cheer you on after and before you know it you'll be feeling better and better.

greensleeved
on 7/25/14 8:29 am
VSG on 07/10/14 with

I had memory and focus issues on my 2 week pre-op diet, but by the end I wasn't super hungry. The first five days or so were really tough. The next few may be easier for you, and it is DEFINITELY easier after surgery. You won't be hungry. I had head hunger, but my tummy didn't want a thing. It gets so much easier! I promise 

"Free your ass, and your mind will follow."  HW - 287, Start W - 273, Surgery W - 257, Onederland - 4 months 1 week post op,  100 lbs lost - 8 months 1 week, CW - 162

Scarson
on 7/25/14 8:59 am - Canada

Thanks for the support folks. I have been trying to keep myself busy by taking my two boys to the pool in the afternoons. It takes my mind off the diet and I know I will not be able to do much for some time post op.

Dreamingofbeaches
on 7/25/14 3:13 pm
with

No. Life won't stay that way long. I felt more human as soon as I started full liquids and could add strained cream soups.  It is frankly AMAZING to not be hungry. I feel slightly hungry now and again but only 10% of the strength of prior to surgery. You will love it! You will be here before you know it. 

-Jen

Consult weight 4/7/14: 381.5   SW 7/1/14:

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 199 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 282 views