Any Dr.Borland vsg'ers in the last year?

xray_girl
on 7/26/14 7:45 am

Hi everyone. I'm looking for reviews from patients of Dr. Borland that have had their surgery recently. All the ones I'm finding are several years old. Thanks. 

carriebryant81
on 5/8/15 5:43 am

I just had surgery with Dr. Borland on May 4th. I cannot say enough good things about him. I have had zero pain and zero nausea! I was actually walking around Avery Island the day after my surgery!

bluetinker31
on 11/14/15 12:36 pm

DID U GO WITH DR BORLAND? I GO IN 12/14/15

xray_girl
on 11/14/15 3:16 pm

I did not. I ended up going to Dr. Hargroder in Baton Rouge. It made me more comfortable that he offered bliss insurance in case there was a complication (which there wasn't!).  He cost a little more but in the end, it's my health at stake. I was very happy with my decision (took me months to decide on a doctor). 

bluetinker31
on 11/14/15 8:30 pm

Thanks for responding. I hope u are doing very well. I don't know what I should do yet!

xray_girl
on 11/14/15 10:25 pm

I think having the surgery was the best decision I could have made. That being said, I work in the medical field and know first hand what complications that could happen. Of course, complications could happen during any surgery but there are physicians that have better reputations than others. 

I felt like I should only spend "X" number of dollars and looked at Mexico and cheaper Dr's such as Dr. Borland. While I don't look down on anyone who chooses to go that route, I myself wanted to have such a major surgery with a doctor that was well known, skills could be vouched for, complication rate was low, and one that I would actually see again after surgery

I have a friend who went to a "super star"  Dr in Houston that was supposed to be awesome. But a few people's opinions are the only research she did. She had many complications and only saw different residents after her surgery.

I think it comes down to how comfortable you are with the surgeon and his reputation and how much you are really able to spend. Honestly, I spent $15000. It makes me sick really bc I'll be paying for it for 4 years but the peace of mind knowing that I had a wonderful doctor and coverage if any complications  were to happen were worth it for me. 

Good luck with your surgery! 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views