What are your food intolerances?

julielynn22
on 7/31/14 6:49 am
VSG on 06/11/14

7 weeks out and clear to eat pretty much anything except lettuce. My doc wants me to avoid bread/rice/pasta as much as possible. I have had a couple bites of bread with no problem (which scares me). So far, my food preferences have stayed the same, meaning there is nothing that tastes different to me now than before. I also have not come across any food that I couldn't tolerate. I have read several posts about people who have aversions to red meat/bread/eggs and other things post op. Did you know that right away, or did it develop? What are your food intolerances?

gmantek
on 7/31/14 7:05 am

I'm 4 months out. So far I am fortunate that I have no intolerances.  I have not eaten bread at all, but I have had a bite of pasta and a bite of rice on 2 separate occasions.  I have not had any sweets and plan to keep it that way:) 

Gwen M.
on 7/31/14 7:10 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm assuming I still have the same food intolerances I had pre-op, so I haven't tried those foods to see if they're still an issue.  Although I did have issues with lettuce pre-op and I plan on giving that a try for the first time on Sunday.  I can't wait!  

The only thing I've had a problem with is salmon, but it was overcooked and very dry.  I haven't had issues with anything else that I've eaten.  I'm 4.5 months out.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

mmsmom
on 7/31/14 10:05 am - Woburn, MA

Sugar goes right through me now. Swordfish is difficult and leftovers dont settle well.

VSG on 04/28/2014

SassyItalian
on 7/31/14 11:45 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis

4 years out I can eat anything, no intolerances, I eat small amounts of just about everything...though sometimes I do kind of want to die if I eat something fried or too many carbs...so I avoid those things.

i do get "food aversions" though, where a few bites of something and I throw it out and never want to see it again, or if I cook a meal, by the time I'm done I can't even look at at. My roommates love me for all of those leftovers. It's been like that since early on though.

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

Most Active