Three DAYS POST OP and am back to my weight before pre-op!! FRUSTRATED!!!

SassyItalian
on 8/3/14 5:19 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis

Have patience, you cant not lose weight, you just had your stomach removed!! Each of us loses a different way and retains water a different way. follow your plan and you will lose!

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

nonsenseprecious
on 8/3/14 7:26 am
VSG on 08/14/14

My surgery isn't until 8/14, so I can't speak to the specifics of it, but after I had each of my children (via c-sections) a few years ago, I remember being totally shocked that I didn't leave the hospital weighing less than when I walked in! It seems like you ought to lose something if you've given birth to an eight-pound baby. Shouldn't you at least lose 8 pounds? :) A very kind nurse explained to me that when you have surgery, they're not only giving you lots of fluids, they're also usually giving you some kind of anti-diuretic, so you're replenishing the fluids you lost and not losing more fluids in the meantime. Hang in there - it will happen!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views