Everybody Was Kung Fu fighting.

D66
on 8/7/14 12:14 am

...Sweet news indeed. I'm very proud that you stuck to your commitment of becoming a healthier you. I certainly hate to hear of the set backs you had regarding your bladder/urination. However, seems now the worse is behind you. May you finally get some form of much needed sleep and start regaining strength. 

Keep us posted.  Just know we're here when you need a listening ear and words of encouragements.

Darlene

mandisabruce
on 8/7/14 12:15 am

Good Morning, I am so glad to read this. I am sitting at work and scared to death. I have been to the seminar about 3 times and keep backing out. I had my consultation with the surgeon last week and he gave me a choice of the band or the sleeve (I am looking forward to having a foreign object in my body for the rest of my life). I also spoke to a friend that had the sleeve 2 weeks ago and she has lost 30 lbs and it doing great. My insurance is all set and I just need my phys evaluation and my nutritional counseling. He said we should be scheduling in about 3 months. I know that it is time but I am scared. Reading your story is easing my fear. I wish you all the luck and keep posting so that I can learn more about your journey. I think I am going to attend a local support group too.

Allison L.
on 8/7/14 12:44 am - Berkeley, CA

Good for you! I remember that sleeplessness at the hospital ... hopefully you head home soon and start looking forward to losing!!! :)

Tracy D.
on 8/7/14 12:44 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Yeah, the hospital is the WORST place in the world to try and get sleep or recovery from an illness.   But welcome to the loser's bench! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

samhain
on 8/7/14 1:21 am

Yay! I'm pleased that you're doing so well, though the catheter issue sounds like no fun at all. Rest up and keep us posted! Reading posts like yours calm my fears about my scheduled 8/18 RNY...

Luvmygs
on 8/7/14 1:39 am
VSG on 12/04/14

Congratulations! I thank you for your posting, because I haven't had my surgery yet and I'm starting to think I should back out because I'm scared and nervous about the surgery. Some of the posts I read scare me how much it hurts to swallow the first time they drink and just the idea of half my stomach stitched up. But you did it, makes me feel I can too. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress! I'm very happy for you. :-)

Pegasus_AM
on 8/7/14 1:51 am

WOOHOO !!!! You did it phew it's all over now, after I read your post I was sitting praying I hope she got in the cab, I hope she got in the cab lol I'm so glad your feeling good with the exception of the catheter thing.  Congratulations on making it to the Losers Bench I'm so envious can't wait till it's my turn. I hope you continue to feel good, heal quickly and have amazing successes both on the scale and off. I look forward to the updates :-)

Referral May 14th/14, HRRH Orientation Aug/18th/14, Surgeon (Dr.Starr) Appt Nov/28th/14, Clinic Nurse,Social Worker, Dietitian Dec/15th/14, Dr.Glazer Feb/5th/15, OptiFast Feb/16th/15, PATTS Feb/17th/15, Surgery March 2nd/15 HW 230, SW 202, CW 130

Justme7
on 8/7/14 2:16 am - ID

I just had the leak test and all looked good. I guess there was an issue with the staple gun during surgery so the doc had to over sew an area.  But so far no leak and all is good.😀

The leak test really was not too bad.  The stuff they give you to drink tasted bad but not too horrible.  I only had to take three drinks and then an X-Ray.   

pharmagirl_45
on 8/7/14 3:26 am - NJ
VSG on 01/14/14 with

Congrats and glad you are having a smooth recovery!

VSG on 1/14/14 with Dr. Samuel Wasser

mzfree
on 8/8/14 3:22 am - Chicago, IL
with

Woot Woot

He is my help 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 268 views