Any Band to Sleevers on here tonight?

claricey
on 8/10/14 12:40 pm

Hi Teaspec,

My surgeon is Dr. Marc Neff in New Jersey.  I have great faith in his skills and experience. 

I plan to post from the hospital if possible to share my experience with everyone. 

Good luck to you on your journey!

tkktx
on 8/10/14 7:20 am

I am going from band to sleeve on AUG 19th  I wasnt told at all that we might lose slower. I sure hope not, I tend to gain most of my weight in the belly area.  

start my liguids this Tus teh 12th one week before surgery.

Teres

claricey
on 8/10/14 12:42 pm, edited 8/10/14 12:42 pm

Hi Teres, 

i believe we chatted in another thread before. We share the same surgery date but I was required to do the liver shrinking 2week diet. It's been hard but not that bad at all. 

Good luck and please keep in touch. 😃

2ndtimesacharm
on 8/10/14 7:30 am

Hey there 

I had lap band in 2009 had to have it removed in 2012 due it restriction issues it was so tight they had to cut it off! 

I lost over 70 pounds in a year with the band and then gained it all back I finally decided I needed to do this 

I'm nervous as it's so permanent but so many positive stories out there has me felling better 

I not have to do a liquid diet 24 hours before as I've lost 22.2 already since going back in late april

my surgeon says since it's been 2 years my stomach should be healed from the band but there may be some scar tissue however she's not concerned 

good luck everyone!!! 

My surgery is August 20th 

claricey
on 8/10/14 12:46 pm

Wow!  That had to be so uncomfortable having a band that tight!  

I like you am a little bit nervous but mostly excited to be moving ahead. 

Good luck and please keep in touch. 

JAZZY150
on 8/10/14 9:16 am

I had my band removed 12 days ago. My Doctor said I had classic band failure. During the surgery he discovered a lot of scare tissue. My Doctor is on the conservative side; he will not remove the band and do the sleeve at the same time. Because of scare tissue, I need to wait three months until I get my sleeve. I asked him about the slower weight lose with the revision. He said he can say some patients with revision are able to eat large quantities sooner than others who the sleeve is the first WLS, but every case is different. He said, as with everyone I should stick to the plan to the tee for maximum success.  Right now my sleeve is scheduled for November 4, 2014.

claricey
on 8/10/14 12:48 pm

Thanks for the note. I agree it's all a matter of sticking to your surgeons plan. Good luck with everything and keep in touch!  

Mrs_Desire _
on 8/11/14 12:32 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/18/13

Band to Sleever here..... This process is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than the band! The band nearly killed me... really it did.

I dropped about 70 pounds in the first 4 or 5 months. Now I am slooooooooooow boogie. I am exactly at my lowest weight where I was when I had the band. It has been hard focusing now to get the rest off but I am trying to get my head back into the game. The first 70 came off with no effort really. Surgeon wants me to EAT now though. So I know I am not getting in all my protein. So I am working on getting in the protein and WATER. I also find that I lose great when I am off the white stuff (sugar, flour, rice...) and low carbing it (No more than 45 net a day). 

Make sure you rest up after surgery. Good Luck!!

Myfitnesspal: MsDesire​  - Revision from Realize Band Patient

Height: 5'10" HW: 305  SW: 298 Surg Goal: 195 Endo Goal: 165 

claricey
on 8/13/14 11:24 am

Thanks for the note and good luck wish!  I'm now planning 3 weeks to rest up before going back to work. My surgeon would approve 4 if I need so I am planning to take my time and do this right!   

Sherra O.
on 8/11/14 2:04 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 07/07/14

Band to Sleever here too. I was sleeved 7/7/14. I have lost 30lbs and LOTS of inches. I still have 30 to go before i reach my lowest band weight. I started the journey at 299. Band SW was 279. Lowest BW was 201. Revision Surgery Pre-op weight 266. Sleeve SW 258. CW 236. Goal weight is 145. 

I was banded 4/21/07. It was great the first year then I had nothing but problems. Six years of throwing up was ENOUGH for me. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 84 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 298 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 346 views