Any Band to Sleevers on here tonight?

claricey
on 8/13/14 11:26 am

Oh I know what you mean. I only had 3 years of the vomiting so I can only imagine how good you felt to get rid of it!  Thx for the post!

donnamy3sons
on 8/12/14 6:35 pm - Pinetops, NC
Revision on 08/13/13

good luck to you. I dont regret my revision at all. wish I had not waited so long to do it. lap band 2/14/2010. started having problems in January of 2011 with vomiting and GERD. suffered until I gave in 8/2014 and did the revision. I so did not want to do "another surgery" I felt like a failure and wanted to keep on trying to make the band work. proud to say I havent vomitied once in a year and it has been wonderful. I have lost 88lbs even more than I thought possible. it was a lot more painful post-op than I had anticipated so be prepared for that, not the end of the world type pain but really only had lap band and gall bladder surgery to compare it to. and all the advice about getting up and walking is the best advice I can give you, it hurt to get up but once i was up it felt so much better.

claricey
on 8/13/14 11:31 am

Thanks for the good luck wishes and the tip on walking. How many days were you in the hospital?  Also what things did you bring with you for your stay?  I've heard some people bring their own protein and G2 Gatorade etc... I may even post a new thread on this topic.  Take care!

donnamy3sons
on 8/13/14 1:36 pm - Pinetops, NC
Revision on 08/13/13

My doctor does  2 night stay....day after surgery had to do a leak test which be was the most aweful tasting stuff! I was so thirsty but it made me nauseous. ..that was also something unexpected...The nausea...don't be afraid to ask for meds:) my hospital provided all my protein stuff I only got like 1 oz of of protein shake every couple of hours and in between could do ice or water and that was it. As far as stuff to bring to hospital nothing I brought I used...I did put on my own p.j. pants but they didn't let me shower until morning of discharge:( I didn't really care though! I napped a lot and walked a lot. I wore my same clothes home that I wore to the hospital just make sure it's something comfortable oh and my most favorite thing after surgery was a small pillow the hospital gave me for splinting my incision with coughing...that was a life saver! The incision they remove your stomach through Hurt the worst the other ones were just sore...that's all I can think of....will try to say a prayer for you on surgery day.....hope you do great!

claricey
on 8/14/14 9:54 am

Thank you!  I really appreciate the tips and especially the prayers.  Can't wait to check in here after surgery.  :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 123 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 355 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 402 views