Pregnant anyone care to talk

anewsweetjessa
on 8/11/14 9:17 am - IA

I had my surgery July 26 2011 and married my husband July 26 2014 I reached my goal and lost more then I wanted then found happiness and got to a healthy 155lbs from 386 pounds I started at now I am going on 9 weeks pregnant and I am eating with no issues but now I am fearing am I stretching my VSG ..But I still cant over eat too much but I eat often I am gaining weight like I need to ....will I lose this weight oh sigh wish I could have all the answers but I have no one around here who has a VSG and no one on my pregnancy groups have had weight loss surgery so i turn back to you my friends of many many years please guide me ...a little panic but still happy ....and are the babies birth weights much of a concern ....

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 8/11/14 11:54 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Congrats on the pregnancy! I'm only a little more than 3 months post op but from what I read your sleeve can stretch the further away from surgery you are but it will never stretch to what it was b4. I also wondered about the eating for 2 thing but it sounds like you know what to do to get to & maintain your weight loss. Just listen to your body for the full cues & then go back to the basics after you give birth., to get the excess weight off. Tell your ob/gyn dr of your concerns. Nice avatar pic & good luck!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

brandnewself85
on 8/11/14 4:54 pm
VSG on 07/17/14

Please ask this question in the maintenance group if u haven't already. I am sure many women there are or have been pregnant while maintaining. As far as my personal experience goes, not gaining too much weight does not mean the baby is going to be unhealthy. Try to maintain ur weight in the first trimester and gain only in the third when baby gains weight. Keeping an eye on the scale is very important!! I am glad u care. My surgeon warned me against pregnancy and that i may gain some back and that i will have to be extra careful if i ever become pregnant again. Good luck

HW and SW 281 lbs GOAL 145 lbs

kellyomama
on 8/11/14 4:56 pm

First of all congratulations on your growing bundle! ! Secondly, congratulations on a tremendous success in you weight loss.  I have no advice as my surgery is actually tomorrow, but I am eager to know how it goes for you. We decided on waiting to have #2 until I am healthy and after dr. approval of course.  I choose to wait so I could be a better mother and have a better pregnancy at a healthy weight. I have been curious about what it will be like after with my sleeve. ..

Best wishes to you both,

Kelly

grayC
on 8/12/14 1:34 am
VSG on 05/01/13

First and formost a healthy baby is the most important thing..

the only advice I could give you (being my pregnancies were when I was 100# heavier)

is stick to good, nutritious foods, try to avoid at all costs any junk,

a lot of people go hog wild when pregnant

i know I was one of them..

follow your Ob's advice which will probably be 25-35lb weight gain for your pregnancy..

good luck and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Jennsumner722
on 8/12/14 11:28 pm
VSG on 04/23/14 with

I would call your NUT to see what she thinks is good for you.  That way you can be healthy and so can the baby.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views