My scale surprised me today....

Tracey C.
on 8/16/14 8:34 am
VSG on 12/27/13

34 weeks after my surgery, I have officially lost 101 pounds as of this morning.  I was shocked and not expecting a 3 lb decrease since yesterday.  The journey, in my opinion, has been easy in the sense that I had zero side effects, nauseam, vomiting, all foods agree with me, exercising got easier & not so much of a struggle BUT it has also been hard because I don't have trouble with any foods, it makes giving into temptation a tad easier.  I have learned to keep trigger foods out of the house, before surgery I was a sweet ( cake, cookie, brownie ) eater.....NOW, I crave "crunchies".  Chips, pretzels, Doritos.....all of them, any kind make my mouth water.

SHOPPING........ughhhhhhh!  I waited my whole life to be able to shop in "regular" stores but the options and amount of stores are over-whelming.  I don't know where to go and what to buy.  Up until now, I HAD to buy what lane Bryant had or whatever they had in plus size sections of department stores.  Today I did buy some tops at New York & co & Loft & a hot pair of shoes from plum bottoms.

I have had all the standard NSV's.  I can cross my legs, people noticing my weight loss or not recognizing me anymore, not being embarrassed to go places and be around other people, taking stairs at work no longer requires having EMS on reserve (LOL), blood pressure way down, I can sleep w/o Cpap, I rode a roller coaster this summer something I haven't done since 2000.

Thank you to everyone who posts and responds ....... I read this website religiously every evening before bed.  Everyones questions have helped me along the way.....god bless you all.

Tracey

Cece2014
on 8/16/14 8:54 am

Perhaps it wasn't the scale that surprised you - but results of your own efforts!  Revel in YOUR progress and have fun shopping for the new you.

Christine

Low Carb Lifestyle is working!   HW: 370   CW: 295  GW: 200

mollz007
on 8/16/14 8:59 am
VSG on 02/20/14

Congrats! I am right behind you! I also had a pretty easy recovery. Except ffor not tolerating dairy for the first 2 weeks I have not really had any foods that I haven't been able to tolerate. I am totally with you on the shopping. It is so much more fun and cheaper, lol! I have lots of back to school shopping to do. Congrats on your success!

check out my blog!

ToFreeSkinnyMe
on 8/16/14 9:14 am
VSG on 07/28/14

Congrats! Your doing awesome. So happy to read about everyone and the success. Makes me look forward to the future. 

Tracy D.
on 8/16/14 9:40 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

You've done so great, Tracey!  Keep up the great work 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Texasgirl321
on 8/16/14 9:49 am

Way to go. I am so looking forward to some of the same victories you have experienced. Way to rock your sleeve

Janet

josiedlc
on 8/16/14 11:40 am
VSG on 06/23/14

Amazing! Thanks for posting.

Kelly Jean
on 8/16/14 11:49 am
VSG on 04/08/14

Congratulations Tracey way to go!!!! ... I love new your and company great quality and great prices !!! :-)

♡ Kelly

themexcellentone
on 8/16/14 2:23 pm
VSG on 07/08/13 with

Way to go on crossing the century mark!

And I feel ya on the overwhelming-ness at shopping.  It's crazy, isn't it? 

Keep up the great work.

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

BurberryPlaid
on 8/17/14 10:56 am - MA
VSG on 09/29/14

Congratulations on your successes!!

i hope everything goes as well for me as it has for you! :)

Most Active