3 more days!!

2ndtimesacharm
on 8/17/14 3:17 am

Hey everyone 

only 3 more days and I'm going in to be sleeved!! I'm so nervous I keep having second thoughts! 

I know that's normal right? I'm down 24 pounds since I started this journey and program in May. I'm proud of what I've done so far but I'm so scared something is going to happen again like when I had lap band but I had that for 3 years and only the last year was bad. 

Please share what I might expect as I'm so so nervous! 

Thank you 

Justme7
on 8/17/14 3:35 am - ID

I would say stay the course. I was scared to death and backed out two times in the past and one time on lap band years ago.  I backed out once just weeks before surgery. I just gained more weight and discovered that I need a tool and can't do this on my own. I finally did surgery and it was not too bad. I was a lucky one and had no pain or gas pain. I took one pain pill when I first got home and that was it. Yes, I had pain getting up but not too bad. I was home two days after surgery.  

Justme7

Amber G.
on 8/17/14 3:56 am
VSG on 04/02/14

Totally normal! I was horrified before surgery, literally! I almost backed out. Thankfully for the awesome folks on here, they reassured me everything was going to go great. One thing that really helped me, was the hard facts about this surgery and researching like crazy about how low the complication rates were, etc. I am sure everything will be great! I never had the lap band, but have heard so many people on here say they wished they had chose the sleeve from the gate. Congrats on your surgery and new beginning! 

Sleevarilla
on 8/17/14 7:31 am

My surgery is 8/20 as well, and I could have written your post from my heart. I keep asking my boyfriend, are you SURE I should do this? You know I'll never be able to eat a pizza again?

Yes, I used eating an entire pizza as a bargaining chip.

He finally said that it was up to me and if I wanted to back out, then let's go get some Dairy Queen because I'd have to give that up too. I just cried a little and drank my protein shake. I'm strong enough to do this. I think. LOL.

Follow my journey: www.sleevarilla.com

It never gets easier. You just get better!

2ndtimesacharm
on 8/17/14 9:38 am

Thank you for all the words of encouragement 

it helps! I don't feel like I'm giving stuff up forever I feel like I'm starting a new beginning making the right choices and occasionally I can have a small amount of ice cream I feel it's about moderation 

if you exercise and eat right it's ok to give yourself a treat every now and then. 

Thanks again for all the kind words of encouragement I can do this!! 

Most Active