My truth

Losingabc
on 8/17/14 2:09 pm
VSG on 10/21/13

I have taken some time this weekend to really reflect and be really honest about my eating. I am posting this because I need to put it out into the Universe.  I'm not looking for advice or judgement -the latter I do enough to myself.  I have not been honest with myself or others.  I have not truly been tracking every morsel I eat. I have been estimating, not counting that handful, spoonful in passing, etc.  I also have been snacking late at night!  This is the kind of behavior that got me to have a huge portion of my stomach removed.  Really, I'm slipping into old patterns?!  Scary!  I will not continue this behavior any more.  Tomorrow I log everything!  I have pre-planned my meals.  I am calling my therapist and getting back to weekly appointments. I am also looking into OA meetings in my area.  I know what I have to do.  Now, I must put my words into action.  I am grateful for this board as a place for me to learn, vent, ask for help, and get support.   I can do this one day at a time.  Failure is not an option.  

Jules78
on 8/17/14 2:26 pm - GA
VSG on 05/01/14

Good for you for taking this first crucial step!  You've done the hardest part, the rest will fall in line. Good luck to you!

youtube channel- silkiilocks

Dreamingofbeaches
on 8/17/14 5:25 pm
with

Recognizing and acknowledging the issues is the critical first step. Good for you. You can do this thing!!  We are here for you. One day at a time, friend. Let us know how we can support you. 

-Jen

Consult weight 4/7/14: 381.5   SW 7/1/14:

Allison L.
on 8/17/14 6:17 pm - Berkeley, CA

Reading your truth is so liberating. You are brave. Back on that horse. We're here for you. 

Capegin
on 8/17/14 9:41 pm

You got this!!

skeller
on 8/17/14 11:09 pm - Austin, TX
VSG on 05/01/14 with

Be brave! You CAN get back on top of this!

DOB 1958, HT 5'4" . . . HW 310, SW 281, CW 184.3

M1 -25, M2 -7, M3 -11.9, M4 -7.6, M5 -11.8, M6 -9.6, M7 -1.7, M8 -10, M9 -5, M10 -5

Lemily
on 8/17/14 11:31 pm
VSG on 01/16/14

I was going to post along the same lines today. My problem is that I am really compliant and structured monday-thursday...then everything starts slipping. I have to commit to not having a day off from a new lifestyle. That's how i got in trouble too.

Stop, refocus, back on track. Thank you for voicing this and please know you are not alone.

Losingabc
on 8/18/14 3:20 am
VSG on 10/21/13

We can do this! 

m1randa55
on 8/17/14 11:36 pm - Brantford, Canada

Hi - I read this post on here and kept it - it has proven so true for me and I hope it can help others:

The Gospel of WLS 4.5 years later I find this to be gospel. Read it...and know that if you had WLS recently, these stages are a guarantee in your life. Be prepared or regain is eminent. 1. Decision Point: You make the big decision to have Weight Loss Surgery 2. Shock and Awe: You feel "Buyers Remorse" or are in awe of how little you can eat. 3. Grief and Loss: You feel sad about the loss of some foods, rituals or even friends. 4. The Miracle: You feel invincible...like you will never overeat again. 5. Testing Limits: You go back to foods that used to trigger you to overeat, like sweets. 6. End of Invincible: The "honeymoon" ends and your eating can more easily affect your weight loss or maintenance. 7. Give Up or Change: You realize if you don't make changes, you will gain weight or are gaining weight. 8. Learning: You open up and learn to pinpoint what your real problems are (not what you assume they are.) 9. Experimenting: You go through a trial and error process to discover what really will work for you. 10. Self Trust: You develop a sense of self trust and self care that was previously non-existent. 11. Mastery: You regain some control and begin to experience some peace of mind with food your body and the scale. 12. Freedom: You see that what you really want to do, and what you must do to stay healthy, are one and the same. Stage 12 is also a reflection of having reach a better stage of good mental health. It means we are not only eating right, but we are now eating right because we love ourselves enough to also want good health. We stop using food as a punishing rod from old and tired history. We now desire to eliminate those bad foods...the toxic foods, from our lives so that we can enjoy the blessings of life before our health deteriorates from heart or obesity issues. Life stops being about the scale and it starts being about living it to the fullest. This comes with love...from someone that has learned that when you get to Stage 12, you must protect it and cheri****because there is always something or someone that might want to steal it away from you. Love it, live it and protect it. It's your only life :) (credit) Katie Jay - National Association of Weight Loss Surgery (NAWLS

Bev from Brantford, Ontario, Canada RNY - Feb.27, 2014 @ St. Joe's Hamilton - Diabetes in Remission & Blood Pressure normal now. YAY!

HW - 303 lbs CW(pre op) - 274.5  at 5 months out 202.5 lbs Current weight on Aug.18/14 is 195 lbs May 2015 at goal - 160 pounds

Losingabc
on 8/18/14 3:19 am
VSG on 10/21/13

Awesome!  Thank you for posting. I will keep and refer to this often!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 365 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 410 views