He dumped me

Kelly Jean
on 8/19/14 7:05 am
VSG on 04/08/14

I'm so sorry this happened to you I truly am!!!! Just remember when one door closed another door opens !!! If he was able to walk out then chances are he wasn't Mr right ... he was just Mr right now!!!  You will find your mr. Right keep your eyes open I'm sure he's right there !!! Best of luck !!! :-)

♡ Kelly

Dawn ..
on 8/19/14 8:51 am - MI
VSG on 09/23/14

I am no expert on men or I would probably be in a relatiionship, but I suspect he is insecure with the fact that you are losing weight and getting fit.

Consult 12/9/13, Pre-Surgery Appt 9/5/14, Surgery 9/23/14, Height/5'.52", HW/273,  ConsW/268 ConsBMI/49, PreSurW/213 PreSurBMI/39, SurW/193.8 SurBMI/35.4, Drs GW/140-150 My 1st GW/160 2nd GW/145
Visit my online store at dawnsjewelrybox.com  Independent Consultant ID 30858

Don 1962
on 8/19/14 9:07 am

To quote Betty White's character on the TV program Hot in Cleveland "...the quickest way to get over one man is to get under another one!"

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Cece2014
on 8/19/14 10:36 am

You have a lot of support from your OH friends - especially the guys who were brave enough to comment on their gender!  

"in every high and low there is a lesson, what they don't tell you is you don't have to like it!"

Keep your chin up, arms swinging as you walk, and take your journey.  Who knows, there might be someone around the next corner.

Christine

Low Carb Lifestyle is working!   HW: 370   CW: 295  GW: 200

(deactivated member)
on 8/19/14 10:42 am

bertgamble2001
on 8/19/14 3:23 pm - Willits, CA

I am sorry that this happened to you, and there is no way for any of us to know his reasons, especially if you don't.  He could be just ready for a change.  It happens all the time, and not just with men.  Woment do it to.

If it is really because you lost weight and look better, then he has some issues, but it is also possible that he met someone and doesn't want to just cheat on you.  When you move out, someone else might be moving in.  My ex-wife had some other guy living in my house every other month when I was away at work.  She decided that it was better to take her half and be with the other guy, so I got an email just before Christmas in 2012 that she was moving out.  Of course she didn't mention the other guy.  I found out about that later.

You know what I asked her, and this makes no sense still today.  In October we ordered a very expensive artificial tree.  It was in the $2000 range, so this in a significant investment in a tree.  I liked one style, and she liked another.  I told her we would get the one she liked, and it was delivered.  When she moved out, she didn't even take it with her.  It was still sitting in 3 large boxes in the garage.  I asked her why in the hell didn't she let me get the one I wanted if she was going to leave it anyway.  She said that she didn't know, and said she was sorry. 

I know.  What a silly question to ask when someone blindsides you with moving out, but it really had me puzzled.  Couldn't do anything but laugh about it and move on.

The moral is, sometimes there just is no answer.

Best of luck, and I do believe that there is someone out there for you.

bertgamble2001
on 8/19/14 3:27 pm - Willits, CA

Oh, I need to add that I just looked at your picture and you are a cutie.  You will have no problem finding a better guy.

Sutterbos
on 8/19/14 7:45 pm
VSG on 06/21/12

I wanted to click "like" on all these replies!!  No easy answers from me - I've been there and the truth is it hurts.   Some days you can be mad, sad, happy, goofy then back to sad.  Totally normal!  I've learned a lot in the 2 years since my surgery.  One big thing is there isn't always a rationale explanation for why people do the things they do.  I have to remove my logic chip when dealing with some people in my life or I'm just frustrated with them all the time ;-) .  

I will never forget reading a post from someone here 2 years ago who said, " the only difference in dating after WLS is now I'm getting treated poorly by cuter jerks."   I don't think all men are jerks - I promise!!  But her post made me laugh.

big hugs!!!!

joshcoop
on 8/20/14 11:46 pm - Blaine, MN
VSG on 04/22/14

He obviously is not the man you thought he was/is! It's tough while you go through it, but that hurt will fade and you can focus on YOU!!!!! Best of luck!

Highest Weight = 321lb, Start Weight = 302lb, CW (as of 05/03/15) = 192lb, Total Loss (since SW) = 110lbs

*Follow my journey:*

http://vsgjosh.blogspot.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjmVwwSwz1B8d4EBCfWG3ww

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 126 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 359 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 406 views