sick with everything

msharp
on 8/19/14 11:08 am - Holland, MI
VSG on 02/29/12

Has  anyone  had  hernia  repair,  and  got  their  sleeve  tighten up  after about  2  years,  I  did  and  was  doing  really  well.  had  done  7/8   now  last  2  days  I  throw up  everything.  and  I  mean  even  water.   I  was  throwing up  if  a  heavy content  or  ate  to much.  but  not  not  holding  anything.  I  have  spasm  med's,  and  I  cannot  even  take  that,  comes  right  back up   Any  suggestions.     I  talked  with  nurse  and  she  had  same  surgery  repair  and  said  she  also  had  issues  and  still  having  some  had  about  2 months   before  me.

Mary

Hislady
on 8/19/14 3:16 pm - Vancouver, WA

I think your nurse is crazy! Anytime you are throwing up on a freshly sleeved stomach it is not a good thing, even if it is a redo. I would insist on seeing the surgeon immediately, you could have a stricture or a twist in your sleeve which does happen when they are retightened sometimes. Just the act of vomiting can cause you to break suture lines or staples so I sure wouldn't let anyone push me off like the nurse did. She must be doing better than you or she wouldn't be at work!!

Valerie G.
on 8/19/14 11:24 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

What you're feeling should never be considered an acceptable way of living.  Insist on talking to the doc and get to the bottom of this.  You could have some serious problems going on inside, and not being able to keep water down will have you dehydrated very quickly.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

msharp
on 8/21/14 8:48 am - Holland, MI
VSG on 02/29/12

Thanks  for great  wisdom,  I  went  into  doctor office  yesterday,  they  gave  a  another  spasm relaxer  to  put under  my  tongue.  and  said  to  wait  a  few  day  if  not  better,  then  call  and  they  will need  to scope  me.   Today  well drank  about  16 oz  of  fluid ,  very  slow  going.   I  ate  some  mushed up  avocado,   got  in  about  2  tablespoon.   But  tried  tonight  and  it  all  came  up.  So  I  will  wait  few  more  days.   It  has  cause  my  throat  to  become  so  raw,  and now  I  have  sinus  draining  so  becoming   really  sore.   Its  weird,  I  was  doing  pretty  good,  then  last  Friday,  I  had  a  few  peanuts  and   i  had  a  reaction  to  them.  My   throat  was  so  slow-en  and  now  it  has  just  stayed  and  become  very  sore.  and nothing  will  stay  down.   But  hopefully  the  spasm  medication  will help  and  it  starts  to  calm  down .  Thanks  again  for  advice

Mary

Valerie G.
on 8/21/14 8:53 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Promise me you'll call tomorrow if you still have problems!!

It only takes 3 days to become dehydrated

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 279 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 332 views