GAS

cdeabreu
on 8/20/14 7:34 pm
VSG on 08/18/14

I had my surgery 2 days ago and my stomach is killing me. Doc keeps saying its gas? I feel so bloated and get sharp pain especially when drinking. I've been putting heat on my stomach it seems to help. Whenever I drink I get a sharp pain.  Dr. Told me to double up on dilaudid to 4mgs but it's not helping.Dr was concerned about my protein intake already but the powder I have is soon nasty I vomit from smell of it.  So I drank a protein shake Any other ideas?

aprilcsh
on 8/20/14 8:55 pm

walking gets rid of the gas,and as for the protein i get the premier protein shakes from costco and found them to be the best,especially the vanilla one because you can add a orange crystal light to it and its like a creamcycle  or you can add any other flavor to it. Good luck and I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Jennsumner722
on 8/20/14 9:45 pm
VSG on 04/23/14 with

Walking and gas-x stripes

Kelly Jean
on 8/20/14 11:09 pm
VSG on 04/08/14

Walk walk walk That's the only thing that will truly help....make sure you keep sipping. ... this will pass ...just keep that in mind! !!! :-)

Best of luck and a very speedy recovery! !!

♡ Kelly

joshcoop
on 8/20/14 11:26 pm - Blaine, MN
VSG on 04/22/14

I think that's pretty standard so close after having surgery. For me, that was the worst part of my entire journey....the gas PAIN! Ugh!! I totally sympathize with you. I would walk and continue putting heat on your tummy. It should pass shortly! :)

Highest Weight = 321lb, Start Weight = 302lb, CW (as of 05/03/15) = 192lb, Total Loss (since SW) = 110lbs

*Follow my journey:*

http://vsgjosh.blogspot.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjmVwwSwz1B8d4EBCfWG3ww

amyvsg6614
on 8/21/14 12:45 am
VSG on 06/06/14

Walk, and GasX wont help.. Feel better soon! 

Lisa167
on 8/21/14 1:29 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Sorry you're having pain.  Expected or not it's no fun.

I am 7 days post op.  Immediately after surgery I had nausea/heaves that kept me in an extra day trying to control it.  I would also get terrible stomach pains, and figured par for the course.  The pains persisted and even came more frequently and caused back pain.  They brought me in and did an ESD.  Ended up that I developed acid reflux.  (never had it before as far as I know).  So doubled the PPI and I chew a couple of Tums as needed.  MUCH better now.  It should go away as the swelling goes down.

I'm just bringing this up in case it's not gas pains. I hope that's all it is :-)  I don't think our stomach is really supposed to hurt afterwards.  Incisions, gas pain, sure.  But if something seems off to you, make sure you speak up.

Have you also tried drinking water at different temps?  I found that really cold liquids work best for me.  Some prefer tepid, or even warm liquids.

Good luck!

cdeabreu
on 8/21/14 2:20 am
VSG on 08/18/14

Thanks everyone. It seems like the more I try to drink water it doesn't go down.  To the point this morning I'm light headed and feel like I'm gonna pass out if I get up.docs office said I can take stool softener.  I had X-ray done in hospital before I left and was told I have acid reflux which I was afraid of in the beginning. I think I should have just taken out the band and just left things alone.

nursebonnie
on 8/21/14 10:32 pm
VSG on 08/19/14

I also am having buyers remorse. I am wondering why the  hell I got a sleeve. I had vsg on 8/19. I hope this passes. The gurgleing in my guts is whats getting to me.