Tolerable?

TeressaJ
on 8/21/14 8:58 am

I've read a few posters where the poster talks about not being able to tolerate something, the most recent was the post on coffee. How do you know when you can't tolerate something? Do you feel it? And what does it feel like? I'm 8 weeks out and have just begun drinking 1 cup of coffee per day and don't feel any different. 

weese
on 8/21/14 10:50 am
VSG on 02/26/14

Well....I loved the premier shakes prior to surgery.  They were not so thick, the taste wasn't so vitamin like, I loved them. After surgery  I would drink one and it would just sit in my stomach like a rock. I would keep trying thinking it would get better and it just got worse and they would nauseate me.  my stomach would cramp sometimes...then they would cause diarrhea. I stopped trying to get those in and switched to unflavored unjury in chicken broth and didn't have a problem.

Lisa

Surgery 2/26/14 with Dr. Stephen Marshall in Peoria, Il

Capegin
on 8/21/14 11:11 am

I'm only a week post-op and I have already found that there are some shake flavors I can't use anymore.  I don't think I would say I don't "tolerate" them, nothing bad happens to me.  I just don't like them anymore, and it's not from having them too much.  They just make my stomach turn a little, so I'm skipping those flavors. 

Tracy D.
on 8/22/14 12:02 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Intolerance to food or drink can take different forms.  For me, if something causes nausea then I can't "tolerate" it.  Or if it generates a lot of acid in my stomach.  

Other people will get sweaty, light-headed and even vomit with their food intolerances.  Believe me, you'll know it when you feel it!  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 258 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 324 views