Pulling pain on right lower rib-cage

sweetmonroe
on 8/25/14 9:47 pm

Hello my sleeved friends!! I got sleeved the 13th and went back to work today (I'm a nanny) I've been experienced a pain in my lower rib-cage, has anyone felt this pain? Did i do something wrong? My pain med is not taking away the feeling.

2ndtimesacharm
on 8/26/14 12:04 am

Me too!! I was sleeved on the 20th and I feel great other than this lower left rib pain it really is only there if u bend forward or move in a certain direction and it burns like hell! 

Pain meds won't touch it is this normal what is this happening?? 

Please anyone that has had this please give advice I'm calling my doctor today too!! 

Wanda1118
on 8/26/14 12:25 am
VSG on 07/09/14

I had the burning but mine was in the middle of my stomach...nothing helped the pain..I asked my surgeon about it and he said it's normal...some people have it...he also said it would go away but would return once in a while also..I had my sleeve on July 9 and the burning started again yesterday..Good Luck to you..I hope you get over it soon!

wyo_sarah
on 8/26/14 1:38 am

I had a pain on my left lower side and the nurse said it was where the doc put the camera in and had to move it around so it hurts a little more than the other sights.  Is your pain around an incision?  Maybe that is it...

sweetmonroe
on 8/26/14 2:03 am

The pain is not around any of the incisions but more like on the side of my body. :( 

2ndtimesacharm
on 8/26/14 2:26 am

Mine is also not close to any of my incisions more in the middle of them. 

Its so hard! If not for this burning and pulling I'd feel so good! 

LovesDoggs
on 8/26/14 2:25 am - Clayton, CA

I had pain on my left side.  It went away.  Make sure to send your doc or contact person (physicians assistant?) an email.  It's always good to just communicate with the doc.  They won't think you're a complainer or a nut.  Pain should be discussed.

I'm 8 months out and so darn happy.   So much of my pain is gone.  Drink your fluids religiously and be happy.  You've done a brave wonderful thing.

T. Kaupp

HW 241 SW 226 GW 140  CW 3/23/15   147   I can do this!!

Tereasa R.
on 8/26/14 3:31 am - Houston, TX
RNY on 05/29/14

I had / have this as well. It's a pulled muscle and it's right where the incision is. I ended up calling my doctor for peace of mind and he wasn't concerned as long as I was keeping food down. I still have it off and on, even 3 months later. The doc had to cut through that muscle so it's going to be tender for a while.

Tereasa R.  5' 2" - HW: 269 / SW: 267 / CW: 184 / GW: 140

Marguerite2014
on 8/26/14 5:54 am
VSG on 04/22/14

Hi there,

I'm 4 months out and I had a pulling pain at the beginning as well. Mine was in the general area where the Trocar was inserted. That's the big tube that they slide all the instruments through. I had a lot of bruising there and the bruising went away but the discomfort remained for a few weeks. I saw my doctor about mine. It's always best to contact your doctor's office if you have any concerns at all. Good luck!

Most Active