Anyone familiar with Barix Clinics in Ypsi ??

MsPayne731
on 8/27/14 6:53 am - Dexter, MI
VSG on 11/25/14

So I have decided to take this journey into the world of the losers!  I had my consult with Dr. Poplowski over at the Barix Clinic on 8/16 and immediately took care of all of the requirements the doctor gave me. Within a week I had my approval for surgery from my insurance and I thought I would be getting a call within the next week telling me I needed to come in and get my PAT's (?) so that I could get a surgery dat scheduled.

I even started working out and eating right to prepare myself for it.

However, Here we are 8/27/14 and I have not heard from them? I called the surgery scheduling department and left a message but have not gotten a call back yet. Now I know I am being impatient  but I am ready to start my new journey. Does anyone have any experience with how long it may take before I get that melodious call from the surgery scheduling team?

37 yo / 5'6 / HW: 325 / CW:215 / GW: 165 /  Surgery 11/25/14 

dawn4511
on 8/27/14 8:07 am - Niagara Falls, Canada
I had my RNY there in 2007. I thought they were great very friendly and helpful.

10/18/07 RNY ( hw 305 sw 290 lw 189ish) St Joe's 08/14/14 RNY reversal to sleeve. I survived 3 leaks,4 operations and a feeding tube.

elizjayjay
on 8/27/14 11:54 am
VSG on 05/27/14

I have no ties with them, but as a born/raised Michigan gal (now Colorado) I just wanted to say hi. I am 3 months out today from my sleeve, best change ever. Wish if I would of done it 15 years ago. Keep doing what they asked, and call back next week. It does take time and I am guessing with all the great food in Michigan, they are a busy place. Words of advice, start thinking protein, drink lots of water daily, try to cut back or stop sugar/pop, and get moving. I wish you the very best in your journey. Yeah you.