Insurance frustration and hospital bureaucracy frustration

rumpole6
on 8/28/14 1:08 am

So,

I month ago today at my last Medical Weight Management visit I am told by the staff that they now have everything and will be submitting to my insurance. So I am happy that day and I head on home to wait. I hear nothing for one week. OK, not surprising they said it usually takes two weeks. I hear nothing after two weeks but I figure, hey, It probably takes a few days for them to put the package together and file it. After 3 weeks, I contact the program coordinator. Guess What, He is away on vacation. After all it is August, what can you do. 

So the coordinator comes back and says my case was referred to the person who does that sort of thing and I should be hearing from her. Well, she did call me (i could tell from Caller ID) but no message was left so I didn't know it was her. I finally get her contact number from the program coordinator and when I call her, the phone goes directly to voice mail with a message saying that she will get back to you in 24 hours.! ? !

We finally establish contact and she informs me that I am missing two things. One is a weight history from my primary and the other is cardiac clearance!. I WAS CLEARED BY MY CARDIOLOGIST IN MARCH. And the program had previously informed me they had everything. Argh (Pardon my French)

So I spent the morning getting these things closed up. Its not entirely their fault since the Cardiologist didn't have the clearance letter on file so it obviously wasn't sent., even though the program  said they did. But the weight history was certainly there. I had that sent again in two seconds.

This is a major University Hospital System ( A Center of Excellence) and I am extremely frustrated right now. It makes a fellow want to eat.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Preop Diet 10/4/14; Sleeve: 10/13/14

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 309 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 356 views