One week down, but I feel awful

Sleevarilla
on 8/28/14 5:41 am

Clear liquids does not mean NO protein! Isopure, cytomax, etc. are all clear liquids with protein. Your body can't function without protein! Call your surgeon and double check exactly what you're supposed to be consuming. Nobody ... *ever* ... is on no protein.

Follow my journey: www.sleevarilla.com

It never gets easier. You just get better!

Taylorb85
on 8/28/14 9:16 am

I know exactly how you feel. I am 10 days post-op and I feel like I wa**** by a train. I have no energy and absolutely cannot get the 60 to 70 grams of protein down. I ordered some Unjury chicken soup and unflavored protein to see if that helps. I also drink water all day long and I still feel very dehydrated. I hope it gets better for us both!

Saralove103
on 8/28/14 10:09 am
VSG on 08/20/14

I am with you! Had my sleeve done on August 20th, and yesterday/today I totally feel like garbage. Definitely had my "maybe I shouldn't have done this" thoughts today..

[HW 12/2012 - 281lbs] [SW - 264lbs] [PREOP 8/20/2014 245lbs] [GW -135lbs] [CW - 236.4]

KRISTIN M.
on 8/28/14 10:43 am

I had a rough first few weeks slept a lot but in between I made myself walk around it really help and remember you just had major surgery I'm 9 weeks out 10 weeks out and feel great. just hang in there and do what you need to manage pain and drink. try broth its protein and fluid in one. get make sure to get low sodium. good luck.

HW  259. Sw 230.  Cw 188  TL 71 M1(-15) M2(-10)M3(-6)M4(-6)M5(-5)

FindingMyWeigh
on 8/28/14 3:17 pm
VSG on 10/30/13

It is really super important that you take your vitamins! I was on a powdered multivitamin for a few weeks until I could start taking chewables. I admit I was fairly lax about taking them and I didn't quite grasp the importance of them. I used the chewable bariatric Celebrate brand in pineapple, I got them from Amazon. Honestly? I had detoxed from sugar and carbs and the vitamins were sickeningly sweet to me. I now take Alive, Men's, gummy vitamins, 3 a day. For some reason the ladies version just wasn't helping me as much. Weird, but true!

Peace be with you

Colleen 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 401 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 428 views