Post op surgery was the 25th, VSG

syaohio
on 8/28/14 10:14 pm, edited 8/28/14 10:16 pm
with

My surgery was on the 25th, came home on the 27th, was expecting a whole lot more pain, was pleasantly surprised that was not the case, I was more than happy to get out of bed and walk after the surgery. The worst part for me was the nausea which I have a problem with no matter what surgery I have...I was sent home with pain meds but have not had to use them, I am up and moving. I wanted and got to shower the next day which felt so good, I would say that the one thing I did most of was sleep because I was very tired..I am now 4 days out and feel great, tender of course, but feel great..have not been able to get down foods yet or protein shakes because of nausea but will try again today..the more you walk the better you feel, get moving..and water, sip water all day long to stay hydrated..The care I received was great, always informed, and Dr. Lalor is the best, very down to earth and also wanting the best for you.

Ready to join in this thing called LIFE

Tracy D.
on 8/28/14 11:21 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Congratulations on a successful surgery!  I know how good it feels to be home - you can't get any rest in those damn hospitals 

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery for you! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

chriswife19
on 8/29/14 2:42 am
VSG on 05/28/14

Congratulations!  So nice that you're not having much pain.  I was able to attend a wedding four days after my surgery and consider myself pretty lucky and blessed on how my recovery went.

Highest weight - 260  Surgery weight - 197.5  Current Weight - 152

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 278 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views