Left side pain

2ndtimesacharm
on 8/29/14 8:01 am

Hey Everyone

i have a quick question I'm  9 days out now and I saw my surgeon and asked her about the pulling and burning on my left side. She said it was due to the stitches on the inside of my stomach that closed it.She states it will improve in it's own time but it's killing me! If not for this I would be so much better! Has anyone else had this and if so how long did it last?

im hoping to go back to work on the 8th but if I feel this pain still I don't see how I could and pain meds and Tylenol don't even help it 

any advice?

thank you all have a great long weekend!! 

ashleylara
on 8/29/14 9:55 am
VSG on 08/19/14

I had the same thing but on my right side. Its where they made the bigger incisions to remove the stomach. I'm 10 days out and the pain is going away. Make sure you use your time to let yourself heal don't do to much.

VSG on 8/19/14

HW:289 SW: 275 CW: 237.8

M:1 -23 M:2 -15

Amy M.
on 8/29/14 10:17 am - Grand Island, NY
VSG on 07/30/14

I personally have a low tolerance for pain.  I'm one month out and I still feel the pulling pain on my right side.  It's not constant and I feel it most frequently at night when I'm trying t sleep.  Because of this I have a hard time sleeping in my bed because I move a lot so I'm still sleeping in a recliner.  I asked my surgeon about it and he told me that it takes 3-6 months for it to fully heal.  Don't worry though it does get better and more manageable.

2ndtimesacharm
on 8/29/14 10:40 am

Thank you for your replies! 

I can't sleep much as well I can only lay on my back and I'm a belly sleeper! It's been rough.

i walk some but not as much as I could I am taking it one day at a time if I can walk without pain I will but today I went to walk and it as burning so I said no way! Walked around the house and did light housework nothing major but at least I kept moving 

I'm just trying to figure out how much longer I should stay out of work 

it is tough 

Capegin
on 8/29/14 11:16 am

I have the SAME pain!  My dr said the same as yours, but he did give stronger pain meds when I called and said Tylenol wasn't touching it.  Good luck!

purplepassion70
on 8/29/14 11:20 am - Brenham, TX

Thanks for the question. I'm only 3 days out and can not sleep in my bed comfortably. Sleeping on the couch wondering how long this will go on. I have been walking in the house every hour some. I am scheduled to go back to work in 3 weeks and wondering will I need more time, I don't like pain. 

Gwen M.
on 8/29/14 11:21 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I also had the same pain, and my doc said the same thing :D  It -did- go away.  I'm sorry I can't remember how long it took, but it did go away!  Even now, once in a blue moon, I'll feel a twinge around an incision, but it's super minor discomfort and not like the PAIN of the first few weeks.  

Be kind to yourself - you'll heal :D

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active