Diastolic heart failure

Julie S.
on 8/31/14 2:06 pm - Laredo, TX
VSG on 12/29/14

Hi, I was recently diagnosed with Diastolic heart failure a condition where the heart does not fully relax. I had just started considering vsg. Has anyone had surgery with this condition? I'm a little scared to go under the knife at this point. My Dr wants to do a series of tests to determine if I should go ahead with the surgery but still....I'm scared.

With God All things are possible!      
Mary Gee
on 8/31/14 7:07 pm, edited 8/31/14 7:09 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Julie I have the same condition - and had no problems with my surgery.  I had to be cleared by my cardiologist pre-op and he did a stress test.  Don't worry...your surgeon will do what is necessary to be sure you are medically safe for surgery.

Good luck!!

BTW, I discovered I had CHF when I was at a medical appt. and mentioned I was having difficulty breathing and blamed it on the terrible heat.  I ended up being admitted to the hospital for five days and had a nurse come to my home after I was discharged.  I get tired easily, but wls has changed my life for the better.  I have a lot more energy now.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Julie S.
on 9/2/14 10:49 am - Laredo, TX
VSG on 12/29/14

Hi Mary, thanks for your reply. As a matter of fact four years ago, my cardiologist did the stress test and it came back abnormal so I went back for a catheterization and it came back normal. What worries me is going back again for another cat. That was scary!! I'm a bundle of nerves right now. 

With God All things are possible!      
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 287 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 338 views