Taking the good with the bad.

ReclaimingPaula
on 9/2/14 2:55 pm
VSG on 01/28/14

Hi there - so just a couple of reflections on the past month or so.  I hit a STALL for the first time in my weight loss journey.  Yes, I've read about it, and tried to prepare myself for it, and really I have done okay, but it has still been a bit unnerving.  I went up 2 pounds and am now finally back down 1 pound from where I started back at the beginning of the month.  I know it's part of the process, and I know it is not reflective of how I'm doing overall.  I feel like the inches have been still coming off, because of the way my clothing is fitting (or not in some cases).

And here's the good - I LOVE going shopping again.  I actually can find clothes that I like again!  I actually bought a pair of shorts the other day that are size 14 - woo hoo!  They are a bit snug, but wow - it's been a LONG time since I've been able to wear anything close to that size.  I was wearing a size 26-28 in January of this year. 

I'm not enjoying the look of my naked body so much - I am starting to look a bit like a deflated balloon.  I can't complain too much, and I may look at plastic surgery (not too sure that's in my budget), but I won't do that until I have been in maintenance for a while.  Don't get me wrong - I'll take DEFLATED balloon any day over filling that balloon out, but like I said in the subject - good with the bad.

I am finding bones that I didn't realize I had - like my tail bone.  I am very conscious of its presence.  Like when I sit down, I feel like I am sitting ON my tailbone sometimes.  Who knew THAT could be an issue?  It's not like I've never been this weight in my life, but it truly has been over 10 years since I've come close, and being 46 and having had 2 children definitely changes a body, that's for sure!

But, guess what?  I actually ENJOY exercising!  I never thought I'd say that, but it truly is something that feels good.  I've even been entertaining the idea of running.  I highly doubt I will do more than entertain the idea, but it feels good to feel like I can move my body through space without it being such a painful endeavor! 

Anyway, enough rambling from me.  I just wanted to share with all of you the perspective I have on this right now.  I am so happy that I made the choice to have this surgery - I'll take the bad, good, and everything in between!  All of it means I will be on this earth longer and here for my family, and that's what really matters to me! 

Surgery 01/28/2014. HW: 310. Consult 290, Surgery 270.  CW = 150   

jenn1469
on 9/2/14 10:24 pm

Well you have done awesome that great good for you!!!

Jennifer

SATXVSG
on 9/2/14 10:41 pm - Selma(San Antonio), TX
VSG on 04/22/14

I know about the weird bones.  I posted a while back about discovering a weird bump on my chest and finally realizing it was my xiphoid process.    A few weeks later, my wife felt it and laughed about it kind of sticking out more.

Surgery Date 04-22-14 HW 2011 388(lost 60lbs on WW, regained 40) Surgery Consult Weight 1/10/14 - 367 SW 357 - CW 9/15 210.

Stalls are your body's way of telling you not to get too cocky.

5K - 1st 59:00(9/14) PR 33:45(9/15)

10K - 1:14(10/15) 1/2 - 1st 3/20/16

Tracy D.
on 9/2/14 11:24 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Paula - you have done FANTASTIC!  And goal is in sight   I don't know if I'll ever actually "enjoy" exercising but I do LOVE the results.   And like you, I appreciate being able to move my body through space without having to think about what I'm going to run into with my gut or butt. And not wincing in pain is a good thing too.  

Keep up the great work 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 90 views