I just want to talk....

aharris30
on 9/3/14 9:26 am
VSG on 05/13/14

Hello all,

I'm between 3-4 months out and this whole process has been up and down. This past week has definitely not been my best. I have eaten foods that I know I should have not eaten, luckily, only in very small moderations. There are days when I feel so tired from eating like a bird and I get food fatigue from eating the same things. I am fortunate to be down 50lbs since surgery in May and 75lbs since January. I get a TON of compliments from people telling me how good I look, but I could never see the weight loss.  Yesterday I pulled out my passport (going to paris next month) and noticed my pic. I look so different. I finally can tell mentally that the surgery is working. I really examined my mistakes this past week and how this can mess up the future. And also how to prevent those mistakes from happening again. Of course this week I stalled and I don't know how long it will last. But it's okay, I made the bad choices so I will have to deal with the consequences the hard way. Anyway, just felt like I needed to get this off my chest.

Miss150
on 9/3/14 9:32 am

I'm hearing you...carry on...be brave.  Rooting for you.   Courage- work out your own WLsalvation.. you will make it.  bonnie

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

Gwen M.
on 9/3/14 9:41 am
VSG on 03/13/14

The first step, in my opinion, to getting back on track is realizing you were off it in the first place.  You can do this!  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Bob-47
on 9/3/14 9:44 am

I am 5 weeks post op and understand your comments on eating like a bird.Frustrating at times I know. You just want to eat a normal meal without feeling too full or taking forever to get it in.I also found it hard to see the weight loss. I started this journey back in mid Feb. and to date have lost a total of 115lbs. 35 lbs since the surgery on Jul. 30th. Could never see the loss in the mirror and was also getting remarks as to how well I looked. I don't know if it is our minds playing games with us because we know we are losing weight.One day I was looking at recent pictures of me and my kids at an amusement park and was shocked as to how well I looked. It actually brought tears to my eyes and definetly made my day.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 9/3/14 9:45 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

We all mess up from time to time. I know there have been times I could've done better. I'm right there with ya, 4 months post op, all I can say is learn from your mistakes & find ways not to repeat them. I'm learning this all the time. Have fun in Paris, I hope to treat myself & go there when I'm at goal, have a big picture of the Eiffel Tower in my living room, need to finally break in my passport LOL. Good luck to you!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

DeeNY52
on 9/3/14 11:36 am

I know what you mean.  I teach so it's back to work time for me, and having lost almost 80 lbs I needed new work clothes.  I shop almost exclusively online (I hate shopping, and not b/c I was fat, I just hate shopping)

But all the clothes I was considering were the kind I used to need to wear- elastic waist, billowy tops that hid my gut, long tops to hide stomach and hips. When I showed my girlfriend a top I was going to buy she said,"Why are you still buying clothes for a fat person?" It takes a while to get your mind to SEE the new body.

And lots of us have "bad" days when we eat unhealthy things, or eat too much or fail to exercise.  The sleeve is only a smaller stomach, it doesn't get rid of our character flaws or compulsive eating habits.

Do the best you can, try to do better tomorrow.  Remember we are not on a diet, we are adjusting to  new lifestyle for the rest of our lives.

Good luck, and congratulations on 75 lbs down since January!

Dee

aharris30
on 9/3/14 11:57 am
VSG on 05/13/14

Thanks guys for your replies. I think I got to a point were I became to confident with the sleeve and tripped over my own mistakes. Back to basics for a long time. I know the first 6 months is the "honeymoon" period, so I need to make the most of this time.

iloveravens
on 9/3/14 10:35 pm
RNY on 08/13/14

Congrats on your weight loss! From what I've read it's so normal to feel this way. You've got some great info/advice above so I will just say "ditto what they said." :) 

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)