13 days post op....feeling weird

stacey1099
on 9/2/14 6:05 am
with

Had my sleeve on 8/21.  Been taking sips, not only clear liquids but scrambled egg, cottage cheese, etc. Started Stage 2. When I swallow the food I actually feel it going down into my stomach. Is that normal? So things have not gone down as well. Pastina was bad. Felt like I couldn't get it into my stomach for some reason.  Thoughts? 

greensleeved
on 9/2/14 7:25 am
VSG on 07/10/14 with

Totally normal for me to feel food going into the stomach even at 2 months out. It's a strange sensation but not an unpleasant one once you get used to it. The sleeve is finicky. It likes some things and not others. Just keep trying new mushies!

"Free your ass, and your mind will follow."  HW - 287, Start W - 273, Surgery W - 257, Onederland - 4 months 1 week post op,  100 lbs lost - 8 months 1 week, CW - 162

FindingMyWeigh
on 9/2/14 12:02 pm
VSG on 10/30/13

Totally normal.  I haven't heard many people eating pasta 2 weeks post op, though. Most people low carb it (20g-40g daily in weight loss mode) and even those in maintenance only have it as a special occasion food. Here's my 2 cents on VSG: your new tiny tummy takes away most of your hunger signals once the nerves heal. During that time, you eat protein. Since your tummy is so small, protein and your 64oz fluids take up 99% of that space. This is the time to start new eating habits, making food choices that will help you continue to lose weight and keep it off once you get to maintenance. It is not a free rein to eat whatever you want, regardless of how small the portions. 

This forum is littered with good intentioned folks who start having some pasta here, a cookie there, a bit of ice cream and find themselves no longer losing weight, but gaining it. Guess what? It's MUCH harder to lose that weight regained. I personally have not regained any weight, so I can't speak to that, but be sure and read their posts and the profound regret they feel for not utilizing the "honeymoon" period of their sleeve.  Weight loss does drop the farther along you get post op, too. 

Take what you need and leave the rest.

Peace be with you 

Colleen

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 49 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 49 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 215 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op