Day 3 post-op

Queen-mum
on 9/5/14 10:21 am

It's been a bit of a rough start...the surgeon nicked my spleen so I have a JP drain in until Monday....no biggie though.  It's not painful, but it is keeping me from taking a shower which would feel good.  Sponge baths for a couple more days and I am on my way! I am lucky to have a great Bariatric office; they prescribed me anti-nausea suppositories for at home which I had to use the first full day.  I remember vomiting after my gallbladder and hysterectomy surgeries too, though, so I don't blame my new sleeve.  Eating cream soups, SF popsicles, thinned yogurt..just about anything that will pour from a spoon.  I am on that for three weeks then pureed for two, then soft for another two.  I know it's worth it because I see all of the successful loser's out there!!  Thanks for the support and great information.  I may be a Grandma, but I a going to be the Grandma that plays flag football with my grandsons!!!

Queen-Mum-59 years old,  5'10", HW 307, SW 277

There is a reason that the windshield is bigger than the rear-view mirror.

Member Services
on 9/6/14 2:15 am - Irvine, CA

Tina O
on 9/6/14 7:20 am - ME
VSG on 05/12/14

congrats!! so happy to hear you're doing good!! Keep up the great work, it gets a lot easier as you go!!!

HW: 414 ... CW: 260 ... GOAL: 147

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 287 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 338 views