Left belly Pain 2 weeks after Surgery

Willie H.
on 9/9/14 1:37 am
VSG on 08/26/14

I was sleeved on 8/26/14. I was in expectation of pain in my left belly but it seems to be getting worse each day. One thing I have realized is that it may be due my sitting down a lot on my job. The pain intensifies when I am sitting forward toward my left side so lately I've been getting up and walking around which relieves it somewhat. My energy is coming back and I am losing weight gradually but I am rearing to exercise and play golf! HOW LONG will this pain be in my belly? Am I the only one who has had it?

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

mmsmom
on 9/9/14 2:05 am - Woburn, MA

I had it for a good month - i bought a support garment http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001BUK9E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and it helped alot

VSG on 04/28/2014

2ndtimesacharm
on 9/9/14 5:26 am

I'm 3 weeks pout and still get the same pain 

Sitting aggravates it the most at home I need to be laying down 

my surgeon says it's the inside incision and will eventually get better 

hang in there!! 

dawn4511
on 9/9/14 10:08 pm - Niagara Falls, Canada
i'm 4 weeks out and still have it.

10/18/07 RNY ( hw 305 sw 290 lw 189ish) St Joe's 08/14/14 RNY reversal to sleeve. I survived 3 leaks,4 operations and a feeding tube.

stacey1099
on 9/9/14 10:56 pm
with

Thank God for this forum. I thought I had a kidney infection, etc. The pain is horrible. I am 3 weeks out, (8/21/14 sleeve), thought something was seriously wrong with me.  Tylenol doesn't even help. 

Lisa167
on 9/11/14 2:55 am
VSG on 08/14/14

I started with left belly pain about a week ago.  It would get pretty bad, left side, under ribs, etc.  But I couldn't put rhyme or reason to it.

Saw the NP yesterday (4 week follow up).  Ends up it's from not being "regular" enough.  I'd have a BM every 4 days after giving in and taking MOM.  But apparently that wasn't really getting everything moving the way it should.  So I had residual..poo..in my intestines causing pain and trapping gas.  (the intestinal path is across your abdomen and down the left side)

I hit the store for more MOM and some Miralax on the way home.  Boy, that worked fast!  lol

Anywhooo, I wanted to share this info in case you're having issues like I did.  You may just need to clean things out and be more vigilant, like me :-)

Hope you feel better soon.

Willie H.
on 9/11/14 3:15 am
VSG on 08/26/14

Thank you! I went to Dr yesterday and he says all things are ok because there was no swelling or bruising but just the stitches on the muscle and nerves that are causing pain but I thought it strange that it continues to advance from bad to worse each day?! Then this morning I was in so much pain I could not even bend enough to flip the toilet seat. My stomach felt very tight!Then ironically I passed gas and had a BM at work and the pain lessen and I thought "maybe it is the gas inside of me?" nad I was going to take Gas-X. So what you said makes SO MUCH SENSE!! I can't wait to buy the Miralax!!! Thanks you!!! BY the way what does MOM mean? I'm new and don't quite have these acronyms down yet!

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

VerySpecialGoals
on 9/13/14 1:40 pm

I think it means milk of magnesia. Hope you are feeling better.

Willie H.
on 9/17/14 12:05 am
VSG on 08/26/14

Just want to thank ALL of you. Tuesday-3 weeks to the day my pain subsided and I am now able to sleep and do other things. I was so afraid at first because of the pain but then by taking the Miralax and MOM it took my gas away and I had results immediately. A few days later and the pain was gone. This forum is SO valuable. Thank you all for your experiences and sage advice. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute shortly myself.

Lisa167
on 9/13/14 2:32 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

yes, it's Milk Of Magnesia.  (sorry, grew up with the MOM commercials, lol)

Glad that you found what helps!  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 287 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 338 views