I ate at a pizza buffet today

aharris30
on 9/10/14 11:04 am, edited 9/10/14 11:05 am
VSG on 05/13/14

Okay, so the subject is a little deceiving.... But I had take out from the local Mazzio's. I ordered the 1/2 Italian sandwich and salad bar to go. The server asked if I wanted fries or chips and I stated none. She just looked at me curious. She then stated, oh you don't want to waste food do you? I just gave in and told her chips. I made my salad from the bar (which will last about a week) and walked out with my meal. When I got home I threw away the bread, the chips, and just nibbled on my salad and sandwich meat.  I had cravings for the ranch dressing at this place. It is absolutely the best. I probably had a TBSP tops of dressing since I dipped my lettuce in it. At least this small tub will last me a month. Their ranch dressing is the BEST!

Gwen M.
on 9/10/14 11:11 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Heh.  I'd have said, "Yes, exactly, I don't want to waste food."  ;)  

Sounds like you'll have tasty lunches!  My stomach does better now with lettuce than it did pre-op, but it's still not 100%.  Someday, I look forward to eating salads too!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Kelly Jean
on 9/10/14 12:05 pm
VSG on 04/08/14

Its hard people just assume everyone eats crap and looks at us like what????  You made great choice great job!!! Congrats ...o too crave a good salad every now and then and Ranch is my only dressing of choice!!!! :-)   even with buffalo wings :-)

♡ Kelly

stormymunday
on 9/11/14 2:39 am

You made a great choice, the cashier obviously thought you didn't need to count calories. Next time tell her to give it to the next customer.

Cathy K.
on 9/11/14 3:09 am

I have decided that buffets are just not worth the price. You did a good job eliminating  the carbs. Good job.

aharris30
on 9/11/14 4:25 am
VSG on 05/13/14

I absolutely love pizza....with some ranch on it LOL. I didn't even notice the pizza bar and just head straight for making my to go salad. I'm dreading the day I get a pizza craving. Someone my have to tie me down with arm and leg restraints.

cajunlady1958
on 9/11/14 5:12 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
If you get a pizza craving try making it on a low carb tortilla. It is fabulous and really knocks out that craving monster.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 9/11/14 5:28 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

I was at a party this weekend and the main buffet was BBQ type fare.  There was macaroni and cheese, corn bread, mashed potatoes, chicken and beef brisket.  I asked the server for a couple slices of the brisket and she asked me didn't I want to try the macaroni and cheese?  I must have looked like a freak because I had grabbed a small dessert plate and told her no, just the brisket would be fine.  She probably thought I'm one of those fatties who eats a ton of food in the privacy of my own house     I brought my famous deviled eggs (filled with bacon and green onions) so I knew they were on my go-to list.

It's very funny how food service workers react to you when you don't eat very much or are picky about what you eat. 

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220