Surgery tomorrow...quick question

Kinde
on 9/14/14 3:01 am

How long did it take for you to do normal activities? Not feel like yourself but able to do errands like the grocery store, driving kids to practices ect.? Thanks...wish me luck!

NurseJackie
on 9/14/14 3:05 am
VSG on 07/10/14

Depends on the person.  I was up and moving two days after.  I didn't drive because I wasn't sure how tender I would be with turning.  Don't overdo it!  Jus****ch your limits and rest when you feel like you need to rest.  It is an amazing journey.  I am 8 weeks post op and feel amazing.  Down 45 lbs.  Good luck!

VSG on July 10th, 2014

Kinde
on 9/14/14 3:08 am

What an inspiration! Thanks so nervous about the procedure but i know that it is going to be life changing! Thanks for the info!

Jennsumner722
on 9/14/14 3:12 am
VSG on 04/23/14 with

I was cleared to drive week 2. I was up and walking day after surgery and went grocery shopping the week after surgery.  Week 2 I was back in the swing of things. 

Bufflehead
on 9/14/14 3:20 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

I was fine for everything except driving within 2-3 days. I held off on driving for a week because I was still on pain meds, but physically I felt up to it.

Pelz
on 9/14/14 3:26 am

I felt better than I thought I would that first week but I think I over did it because the following week the incision they made by my belly button really hurt and I was sore. I didn't like taking the pain meds so I tried staying away unless I really needed them and I used a heating pad nonstop and it helped majorly. I did miss my sons major wrestling thing because I didn't think I could handle the walk and crowds. I'm 7 months out and have lost ALMoST 100. Don't rush anything and remember that when you are having a bad day those first few weeks that it does get better.  Good luck with everything! 

DSJSMOM23
on 9/14/14 4:45 am
VSG on 06/24/14

I wasn't cleared to drive until 2 weeks. First place I drove was to my pedicure place! LOL

At about 1 week, my daughter drove me to the grocery store and I picked up a few things.
I was REALLY tired though. I found when I pushed myself I got really nauseous. One time I was in the shower, and I had dry heaves because I pushed myself too far. This really only happened during the first 2-3 weeks.

I think it was about 6-7 weeks before I actually felt semi-human again. Before that I was exhausted!

jenn1469
on 9/14/14 8:14 am

You will definitely get tired and have to take breaks. The day after surgery I was walking the Vegas Strip.i was not really in pain I was lucky. Good luck

Jennifer

Kinde
on 9/14/14 11:17 am

Thanks everyone for your replies! Looking forward to the first step in my journey!

Most Active