Looking "too skinny".... SMH

(deactivated member)
on 9/14/14 7:49 am - Canada

Argh, I feel ya sistah!  I've had the same problems and also gone through the rocky relationships with my bestie and sister.  Who knew us getting healthy would freak everyone out so much???  Just keep doing what your doing, your fine. 

I actually put it out on facebook (because that's how I roll lol) and basically said "my BMI is this #, that's at the top end of healthy.  I have a whole team of professionals that work with me to make me healthy.  I appreciate that people are telling me I'm too thin because of good intentions but all you are doing is make me feel self-conscious and unattractive.  Please assume that my health team is better at determining what is healthy and stop expressing your opinions on my weight."

What bothers me the most is nobody ever came to me and said "I'm concerned because you are too fat and need to lose weight".  If it's not okay to say that then it's not okay to say you are too thin.  People need to keep their comments to themselves.  Except if it's to say I'm fabulous...that's always ok lol!

DiaMon
on 9/14/14 7:58 am
VSG on 03/12/14

Bingo!!!!!! She's the one who's freaked out the most... Followed by an aunt-in-law who was telling people at a party that "She must be really sick or something." I can take the comments, except she's supposed to be my bff, and in that case if she had followed my journey she would have been informed about the process.

I'll give them time. True that, no one ever told me "You are too fat, lose some weight!" So why start now almost saying that I might have a condition other than the WLS. 

All I can say is that I'm thankful that I have this forum where I'm understood and I can share my experiences with other people that are considering this path, or that have already started it. (=

Surgery Date: 3•12•14 HW:264 SW:240 // GOAL WEIGHT 160 lbs REACHED on 08/24/14 REVISED GOAL: 140 

REVISED GOAL REACHED: 01/12/2015 CURRENT WEIGHT: 135 (=

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 284 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 336 views