Who Has Kept at Goal Past 5 Years?

Karen H.
on 9/15/14 11:56 am
VSG on 12/08/14

Ok, sleevers out there....... give us your testimony!! Who has kept their goal and how long? For those of us in pre op,,, we like 

to hear from you! Encourage us!!

Thanks !!!

brownblonde
on 9/15/14 1:00 pm

Hi.  I don't quite fit your description but I'm 4 years 3 1/2 months out and I am about 3-4lbs. away from my lowest weight ever (which I only saw for one split second!) and am always within 2-3lbs. either way of my 152.5 "goal".  I put goal in quotes because in the perfect world I would've lost another 15-20, but I am happy with how I look and fit into my size 6s and some 8s so I'm pretty happy coming from 20W-22W.

A few pages back I posted my 4 year post op.  I wish I could tell you the secret.  I don't eat anything specific, I just try not to get in to bad habits, still make protein the bulk of my meal, but no excuses is my mantra.  Feel free to read my old week-to-week blogs in my profile.

frisco
on 9/15/14 5:29 pm

I'm coming up on 5 in a couple weeks.....

I lost 190lbs. in 13 months post op and a tad over 200lbs. total.

My weight range is 148-152, but I've gone over my limit a few times.

Lost 200lbs. and started learning how to cook for myself and now have a food blog..... weird.....

As far as I can tell, this is an effort comprised of three parts:

- Effectiveness of the surgery

- Aftercare and/or education

- Commitment and compliance

If your short in one area, you must make it up in another.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

ThinLizzy
on 9/16/14 4:23 am - Benicia, CA

7 years out. I am now right at the lower end of my range, but I have been as much as 15 lbs. over this weight, which is 10 over my range. Hard work to lose it, so I am more careful now!

Lizanne

Starting BMI-38.5, Surgery 08/14/07

diane S.
on 9/16/14 5:19 am

I am 2 months shy of 5 years.  I am actually a little below my doctor's goal. i am 120.5 today. doctor's goal was 130 but he thinks i am fine here. highest weight was 247 lbs.  I attribute this to having formed new habits. tracked food religously for 4 years.  I eat virtually no bread, pasta, potatoes or rice. most carbs are from fruits and veggies.  I still try to put protein as the first part of any meal.  have gy every day to get a good gob of protein.  I am able to take a bite of a sweet and then stop (though i blew it the other night at a party).  I think if you eat off plan one day you have to be prepared to get right back at it the next day and not spiral into more off plan eating.    I was fat all my life and never dreamed I could be normal weight for years.  It is doable    go for it.    diane

p.s.  rooting in a drawer the other day I found the hospital bracelet from my vsg.  I think I am gonna frame it and put it in the kitchen.  diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 316 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views