Will you post a sample menu or two?

becomingjenn
on 9/15/14 4:10 am

I'm 7 weeks post-op and have been back on real food for the last week.  I'm really struggling to find the right foods to eat so that I get my protein in and keep my carbs low.  It's the exact opposite of the way I used to eat, lol.  I think it would help tremendously to see some menus from you guys that have BTDT.  Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help!

Jenn

"I know things about stuff."         

DISCLAIMER: User must apply appropriate Snark and Sarcasm fonts to above post.  Failure to apply may result in feelings of irritation and/or insult.

----

Sleeve 7-25-14 / HW 333 / SW 316 / CW 155.8

Stacy_WLS
on 9/15/14 4:12 am

Everyday there is a thread "whatcha eating today VSGers" -- we all post what we eat on here everyday.  It is great for accountability and to get new ideas.  Check it out.  

Also feel free to follow me on myfitnesspal (just ignore my evening sugar stumbles!).  I'm Stacy_WLS on there.

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

becomingjenn
on 9/15/14 4:55 am

Thank you, Stacy!  I'm feeling a little "duh" that I haven't seen that thread before now, lol.  And I'll definitely follow you on MFP - hopefully that will help prompt me to journal more reliably!

Jenn

"I know things about stuff."         

DISCLAIMER: User must apply appropriate Snark and Sarcasm fonts to above post.  Failure to apply may result in feelings of irritation and/or insult.

----

Sleeve 7-25-14 / HW 333 / SW 316 / CW 155.8

Gwen M.
on 9/15/14 4:55 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I post on the daily "what are you eating" thread also.  It's really useful to see what other people are eating!  

I find that paleo recipes are very sleeve friendly, so although I don't follow the paleo diet, I follow a lot of paleo blogs for ideas!  

I post my weekly meal plans for dinners here -- http://www.mangeratrois.net/index.php/weekly-meal-plans

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Allison L.
on 9/15/14 5:54 am - Berkeley, CA

Protein-packed recipes are crucial to get it all in. Right now I'm eating a quinoa-lentil salad with feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, green onions and a small amount of pecans. I made this for a potluck and chose this recipe predominantly for the amount of protein (and the fact that it was a veggie potluck). Putting protein powder in food helps too. I do this a good bit with soups and stews, where it can't really be detected. One thing I have heard is that you have to change up your diet every so often or your body starts to rest on its laurels and burn fewer calories.

weese
on 9/15/14 11:34 am
VSG on 02/26/14

Be sure to check out the website " The world according to egg face" for some great recipies. When I get bored I look up a new recipe to try.

Lisa

Surgery 2/26/14 with Dr. Stephen Marshall in Peoria, Il

Dreamingofbeaches
on 9/15/14 2:25 pm
with

Stacy is right, that is an awesome thread.  It is the first thing I look for when I log in because it gives me great ideas.  Here are a few samples for me:

BREAKFAST:

1)boiled egg and babybel cheese

2)scrambled egg and bacon

3) 1/2 toasted English muffin with natural peanut butter (not a great example, but reality)

4)chicken and slice of cheese

LUNCH:

1) Tuna with a little mayo and a romaine leaf (use leaf as a wrap)

2) P3 pack

3) Deli meat

4) yogurt with a little Kashi Go Lean (high in protein and recommended by my Nut)

DINNER:

1)boiled chicken with a dab of Trader Joe's curry sauce and sliced cucumber

2)steak and homemade three bean salad (green beans, garbanzo and kidney beans with a tiny bit of Italian dressing and lemon)

3) Tilapia filet and zoodles (zucchini noodles...only made these once and they were TO DIE FOR)

4)ground beef or turkey with some marinara sauce and ricotta cheese

I eat pretty boring at this point because I don't want to have to think about it too much.  It makes me happy for now.  I will get more adventurous in the future.

Good luck!

-Jen

Consult weight 4/7/14: 381.5   SW 7/1/14:

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 196 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op