11 hours away from surgery time and I am having second thoughts

bertgamble2001
on 9/18/14 1:58 pm - Willits, CA

Not afraid of the procedure. Afraid of giving up large quantities of food. 

ashleylara
on 9/18/14 2:25 pm
VSG on 08/19/14

I'm only a month out but I went through a mini depression especially the first stage BC u literally eat nothing. U won't ever eat large quantities of food but think there's a reason why u wanted. This so go for it!!! In the end everything we went through will  be worth it.

VSG on 8/19/14

HW:289 SW: 275 CW: 237.8

M:1 -23 M:2 -15

Lisa167
on 9/18/14 2:36 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

Believe it or not, you won't miss it.  At least that's how it is for me.  I was afraid I'd miss curling up with a pint of ice-cream, or a bag of chips, etc.  Nope.  You really do create a new relationship with food, and the restriction really is a tool that makes all the difference in the world.

I was able to make healthy choices most of the time, but also ate things I shouldn't have, and I rarely got the full signal.  I could polish off half of a large pizza and be looking for another slice.  I'm quite happy those days are over!

Just remember what brought you here.  Don't be afraid of the changes ahead. :-)

Amber G.
on 9/18/14 2:39 pm
VSG on 04/02/14

Hey bert! I am not going to lie, it is a huge change. The wonderful part about the change though is, you don't need the large quantity of food to satisfy you anymore :) The hard part, is the mental aspect. The 1st month after surgery is hard for most, and you have to adapt to all the new changes in your mind and body. But I can be honest and say, it gets easier with each passing day! Once your mind catches up to the changes, it becomes "normal". The weight falling off, no real hunger and feeling better physically - makes is so much easier too! We all made this choice for mainly our health and over all unhappiness in our lives, and those are the things I kept reminding my self of when in doubt about doing it. You are going to be just fine, and you will love the results it brings. BEST of luck on your surgery tomorrow, and new beginning 

ReclaimingPaula
on 9/18/14 2:40 pm
VSG on 01/28/14

My experience right after surgery was that I really did not care one bit about eating. So you will have some time to readjust your whole thought process with food while you're tummy is healing. 

Best of luck to you with your surgery!

Surgery 01/28/2014. HW: 310. Consult 290, Surgery 270.  CW = 150   

tstowe
on 9/19/14 12:42 am
On September 18, 2014 at 9:40 PM Pacific Time, ReclaimingPaula wrote:

My experience right after surgery was that I really did not care one bit about eating. So you will have some time to readjust your whole thought process with food while you're tummy is healing. 

Best of luck to you with your surgery!

+1

I had a poached egg four hours ago and I still feel full. Not sure if I can get down my huge bowl of soup for lunch (not really, just one cup).

I'm on day 18 and I don't miss it yet. Don't think I ever will. Which was a BIG surprise to me!

mickeymantle
on 9/18/14 2:58 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

when you get used to the new better way of eating you will wonder when you are at a restaurant how people can eat so much 

most people unless there obsessive compulsive  stay on there plan 95% of the time and do great 

today my hubby made baked ziti and I had a spoon full with my eggplant with sauce and cheese , was I cheating yes , will it trigger me to eat more no

the other day I had 3 french fries am I a bad person no

sometimes you just have to have something off your plan  and it is ok as long as you get right back on plan after

if you fill a plate up with food you will just put it away when you have eaten the right amount,the beauty  of the sleeve is that it makes it hard to eat to much quantity of food

but you still have to eat the right food,stuff like ice cream will not fill you 

have the surgery it will change you life

ps everyone has second thought , you would not be normal if you didn't , next month you will be wondering what you where worried about and laugh about it 

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Greeninparadise
on 9/18/14 3:21 pm - Paradise, CA
VSG on 09/02/14

I'm happy to see another Nor Cal sleever. I think I can safely that the majority of us experienced anxiety before and for me a little after. But in my heart I knew that without the surgery I would continue to "diet", make excuses to eat the wrong things or eat too much cause it tasted so d*** good. I had surgery on 9/2 and have had a few "moments". One was going to costco 1 week post op and watch 2 family members eat those costco hot dogs. I excused myself and went to the car to sip my drink. 

The blessing is the surgery was pretty easy, in on Tuesday, home on Wednesday.  Without all the carb s and sugar, I can see in the mirror, my most hated object, that I don't have that puffiness and bloated feeling.  I have lost a decent amount that I certainly couldn't have a ny other way. I'm taking fewer medicines and have dropped my insulin for type 2 diabetes in half. 

I love reading the posts of surgiversaries.. Whether it be months or years. You can feel the pride and the joy that are in the posts and peoples lives are changed. I'm still at the beginning but I can't wait to see the finish line where I don't drown my sorrows or celebrate with bad food choices. 

I wish you a very successful journey. 

mickeymantle
on 9/18/14 3:34 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

I bring a greek yogurt with some blueberries added when I go to Costco to eat when my son and hubby eat those dam hot dogs

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Greeninparadise
on 9/19/14 12:46 am - Paradise, CA
VSG on 09/02/14

I had my protein with me but it wasn't doing its magic. Next time I go, probably alone, it'll be easier. Haha

good advice though!!

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 199 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 282 views