It's been a long time coming...

Sharshar_
on 9/23/14 12:58 pm - Hilton head island, SC

I've wanted this surgery for three years... For three years all I've done is dream and wish and want. This past March I finally decided to go ahead and jump off with the process for VSG. I'm happy to say that I called my surgeon's office today, asked if my doctor finally sent the appropriate documentation and their response was "yes, I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be approved".

That definitely cheered me up but I fear that I get too excited, I might get let down....? I've lost sleep over this these past 6 months and I think I'm gonna be chomping at the bit until I get a response. Lol! Anyone else in this boat? 

Member Services
on 9/23/14 1:43 pm - Irvine, CA

WE are so excited we are doing the HAPPY DANCE!

MissMagnoliaYaYa
on 9/23/14 2:03 pm
On September 23, 2014 at 7:58 PM Pacific Time, Sharshar_ wrote:

I've wanted this surgery for three years... For three years all I've done is dream and wish and want. This past March I finally decided to go ahead and jump off with the process for VSG. I'm happy to say that I called my surgeon's office today, asked if my doctor finally sent the appropriate documentation and their response was "yes, I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be approved".

That definitely cheered me up but I fear that I get too excited, I might get let down....? I've lost sleep over this these past 6 months and I think I'm gonna be chomping at the bit until I get a response. Lol! Anyone else in this boat? 

I still keep telling myself that I can't believe it's happening, and my surgery will be in the next two weeks. Let's us know when you have a date. I know I will be here more now that it's getting closer. All the best luck to you on your wonderful new journey! 

Age 61 Height 4'11" HW 274.00  SW 250.00- (10/08/2014) CW 224.6 (11/3/2014)

Sharshar_
on 9/23/14 2:15 pm - Hilton head island, SC

My sincere congratulations to you!! I will definitely post when I have a date. I'm a sack of nerves right now but hearing from people like you really gets me excited for both you and I. :) Good luck to you!

scarletred
on 9/23/14 2:33 pm
VSG on 10/07/14

I really hope it works out for you!! When my surgeon's office told me the same thing after they submitted, I ended up being approved a couple of days later. They deal with insurance companies all the time, I'm sure they know what kinds of things would hold up an approval and would be able to work with it before sending it off. 

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!! 

~Yolanda                                                        HW316 ConsultW293 SW275 CW234 GW150

M1-22 M2-7 M3-XX M4-XX M5-XX M6-XX M7-XX M8-XX M9-XX M10-XX M11-XX M12-XX

Sharshar_
on 9/23/14 3:45 pm - Hilton head island, SC

Yolanda, does the insurance company call you to tell you or does the surgeon's office call you with the response?

TheNewT
on 9/23/14 10:46 pm
VSG on 08/04/14

Well I was too freaking anxious. I called the insurance company, innocently enough, to ask if they had the paper work from my surgeon's office. They said they had a response of YES. I screamed, cried, then called my surgeon's office to tell them the good news! Seven weeks later I am rocking my sleeve. Good luck to you!

Jules78
on 9/23/14 10:17 pm - GA
VSG on 05/01/14

Hi, congratulations on your surgery!!  I was in the exact same position as you a few months ago.  I didn't want to get excited to be let down and kept telling myself that for some reason I wouldn't be approved.  I too lost sleep as well just dreaming about the day I would get the call that I was approved.  My surgery center submitted my paperwork on a Thursday and the following Thursday I received a call from the surgery center saying I had been approved and that they would be contacting me soon with my surgery date!  I cried right then and there at my desk.  I'm willing to bet it will happen for you the same way!!

P.S.  The surgery center usually gives you the call and the insurance company will send your approval letter int he mail.

youtube channel- silkiilocks

zballard
on 9/24/14 12:00 am - NYC, NY
VSG on 10/08/14

I am in the same boat. Just turned in all my paperwork to my surgeon. Waiting to see if I'm approved. No reason not to be but approved but I'm trying not to get too excited just in case...... But I'm sure we will be approved. Keep us posted on surgery date. 

5ft HW 244 SW      

Sharshar_
on 9/24/14 2:26 am - Hilton head island, SC

Thank you all for responding, it means a lot to me. Look how weird I am? I'm checking this place before I sleep. Wake up, check it again. Lol I guess it's a bit of a distraction... I need to chill out though.