Week 7 VSG

TheNewT
on 9/22/14 1:36 am
VSG on 08/04/14

Welcome week 7. This is a special week because my birthday is Friday!!! And I will be celebrating without a cake!! That's right. Instead of cake I get a couple of bites of yogurt from Yogurt Mountain. I get 6 oz for free as my present from the store so my son will gobble down the rest. I coupon my birthday, so that means tons of free meals, deserts, appetizers just because I'm a year older. I have my smart choices made (turkey burgers, chicken and veggie hibachi, etc). Daddy and son can have the free deserts. I'm on a mission and it doesn't need sabotage.

I weighed this morning and I am 210.5. That is 31.5 since surgery and 44.5 from my highest. Like everyone else I have a list of NSVs I'd like to hit. I didn't want to put an actual date to any of these victories. Just to achieve them is enough. HOWEVER, the fact that I am only 1 pound from being 20_, makes me want to put a date to it. I really want to be 20_ by my birthday. All I'm asking for is 1 pound in 4 days. Come on body and work with me.

I had been complication/issue free until the end of last week. I began noticing my legs were numb after sitting for an extended time. Then, when I stood up, they would tingle something awful. I did a search on the site and I saw mention of vitamin deficiency (B12) OR pinched nerve. I think it is the nerve. I had troubles with my left arm going to sleep prior to surgery. My thumb is still numb sometimes. I was hoping weight loss would help my numb arm and it did. Now I think the same is happening to my legs. I plan to get some blood work done, start yoga (traditionally it helps what ails me) and contact my surgeon. Maybe it is an easy fix?!?!?!!!

Otherwise all is good with me and my sleeve.

Luvmygs
on 9/22/14 2:12 am
VSG on 12/04/14

Congratulations on your journey and Happy early Birthday wishes!!! You best see a doctor about you numbness. It could almost be so many things; pressure on your nerves of the spine, low levels of calcium or potatssium, lack of B12, insect/spider bites, underactive thyroid, etc. Don't try and second guess, see your doctor. Have a wonderful Birthday on Friday!

Gwen M.
on 9/22/14 3:14 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Congrats on all of your great success!  The tingling sounds crazy - I hope you're able to sort it out. 

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

GoBlueGirl1998
on 9/22/14 9:05 am - MI

Happy early birthday and I know you'll get that one lb! ;)

TheNewT
on 9/23/14 11:34 pm
VSG on 08/04/14

Nurse talked to the doctor and he said that it didn't present like a blood clot. He said that I am losing weight at a rapid pace and the nerves no longer have that fat cushion that they used to. I have a long commute to work and I have a desk job. All the sitting may put some pressure on those nerves. They are happy to schedule an ultrasound on the lower extremities if I would like. I am going to keep an eye out on the area, especially the back of my thigh which is sore. They think the sore back of my leg is just me missing my fat cushion also. I told them the sore spot hasn't moved and I felt the muscle jumping in that area. If it isn't better by Monday I will probably schedule one to be safe than sorry. I've reached my out of pocket max so anything at this point is free for me. I would rather take advantage of that now than waiting until next year when I have to reach that $2500 OOP max again.

Gwen M.
on 9/24/14 12:38 am
VSG on 03/13/14

You might consider a pillow like this to alleviate pressure -- http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H23VW64/

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

TheNewT
on 9/24/14 12:52 am
VSG on 08/04/14

What baffles me is how this weight loss is different from others... in terms of my body. 5 years ago I lost 60 pounds (starting at 240). I didn't have tingling and need booty cushions. Today, I have lost 44.5 pounds (starting at 255) and all of sudden my body doesn't know how to deal with missing fat pads. WTF??

Last night I tried on the size 14 pants I purchased after losing those 65 pounds. Do you know I was able to put on and button those pants last night. Last week the button and loop were mortal enemies and wouldn't meet to talk. This week I got em on. 5 years ago it took an additional 20+ pounds to get that size. I know I am 5 years older but that can't be it, can it?

I think I am going to show my hubby the Kabooti. Sounds like a good birthday gift!