10 days post op. Is it strange

bertgamble2001
on 9/29/14 1:42 pm - Willits, CA

That I can eat and drink more than I thought. 

For starters, I can easily get my 8 ounces of protien shake down in like 15 minutes. Could do it much faster if I wanted, but I don't pu**** Also, my stomach is not sensitive at all. I put Tabasco on my cottage cheese today, and no pain or discomfort. Tonight, went out with my wife for Chinese, and I had the hot and sour soup. Again, no discomfort. 

I also have no problem with very hot or cold liquids. My wife says she thinks the doctor didn't really do the VSG, but I am not hungry, and am losing weight like crazy. 

What at are your thoughts?

Lizzy67
on 9/29/14 1:54 pm
VSG on 09/15/14

Sounds like your lucky to me!  I still struggle to get all my liquids in daily. 

VSG Surgery date scheduled !!  9-15-14   Mexicali Bariatric Center Dr Wilhelmy

Sleevarilla
on 9/29/14 2:14 pm

you won't feel restriction until you move on to solid foods. I too have no problems with liquids and have had no problems getting my fluids in. I've also had no problems with any sensitivities. My recovery has been very, very smooth ... we're the lucky ones :)

Follow my journey: www.sleevarilla.com

It never gets easier. You just get better!

tstowe
on 9/29/14 9:24 pm
On September 29, 2014 at 9:14 PM Pacific Time, Sleevarilla wrote:

you won't feel restriction until you move on to solid foods. I too have no problems with liquids and have had no problems getting my fluids in. I've also had no problems with any sensitivities. My recovery has been very, very smooth ... we're the lucky ones :)

Me too.

Clear liquids... no problem. Two cups of broth, easy.

Thicker liquids (like cream based soups)... slowed a little, but still easy.

Soft foods... slower still. Sometimes after two ounces of protein, I can't finish two ounces of vegetables.

I'll find out about regular foods starting Friday. I hope I continue with the trend of being lucky.

Gwen M.
on 9/29/14 10:23 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Not strange at all.  I had no issues with liquids.  We can get a skewed picture because the people who usually post are the ones who are having issues!  There are many more of us who are silent because we don't.  

The only issues I've had at all - 3 months out I had a spasm thing going on that made me puke when I ate anything, but I saw my surgeon and an antispasmodic for a week cleared things right up.  I also still have issues with whole pieces of chicken, they're just too dense and tough.  Chicken cubes in sauce work much better.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Purplemonster
on 9/30/14 6:14 pm

I just had surgery week ago and I'm eating pureed food, and was wondering the same thing. So I'm glad to nnow I'm not the only one who isn't having any issues

Noragretz
on 10/2/14 1:00 pm
VSG on 09/05/14

Me too. I'm more on solids now, and I definitely have restriction with that. No food sensitivities either. However I don't feel well after something greasy - fried egg, spam, canned meats. But I have not been able to get in any drink in in 15 minutes water or protein drink. My boyfriend has been able to do that right from the start like you, and he does all kinds of spicy too! He was with the same doc  at the same time as me. He too has issues with anything greasy. 

Outpatient VSG 9/5/14

with Dr. Umbach  in Henderson NV

NateH
on 10/2/14 1:31 pm
VSG on 09/26/14

I'm still week 1 post-op and my fluids are easy. Food (still on purees) is mostly ok. I get a good 2 oz in and sometimes have to work to get an extra nibble. I think I need to be eating a little bit more, but so far so good. 

HW: 450
SW: 428 9/26/14
Reached 'normal' BMI (24.9) with a weight of 199.9: 2/5/2016

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 196 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op