The "Your to Skinny" Comments! with Pic

pharmagirl_45
on 10/1/14 1:52 am - NJ
VSG on 01/14/14 with

So the comments have started!  In the last few days, I've been hearing from co-workers that I'm getting to skinny and I shouldn't lose anymore weight, WTH!  Some of them even say they don't remember me being heavy until I show them the before pics! Hack, none of these same co-workers ever told me I was getting to fat and not to gain anymore weight. lol 

I even hear "you are skinner than me now"!  Oh well!  This pic was taken yesterday after reaching my goal!  I still want to lose another 10lbs.  Loving my sleeve!

VSG on 1/14/14 with Dr. Samuel Wasser

Stacy_WLS
on 10/1/14 1:56 am

You look great :)  Don't listen to them.

I take pics of myself in that bathroom at work ALL the time.  I'm obsessed.  Playing dress up now is so fun :)

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

pharmagirl_45
on 10/1/14 1:57 am - NJ
VSG on 01/14/14 with

lol!  I'm always in the bathroom taking pics.  How did the date go last night?

Stacy_WLS
on 10/1/14 2:13 am

It was a bomb.  The guy was nice enough, but I was not attracted to him.  It ended up lasting 2 hours... I had to ask for the check b/c he was not getting the hint that I was ready to go.  

I'm excited / nervous about tonight.  I think things will either move forward with Gregory or it will become clear that they wont be going where I want them to.  

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

pharmagirl_45
on 10/1/14 2:42 am - NJ
VSG on 01/14/14 with

Lol. Hate when that happens. 

Good luck tonight and hope it goes your way.

Bundlina
on 10/1/14 2:24 am

I think you look great!  Nice proportions and not something anyone should criticize.

pharmagirl_45
on 10/1/14 2:47 am - NJ
VSG on 01/14/14 with

Thank you

Tracy D.
on 10/1/14 2:29 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I think you look GREAT and definitely not "too skinny".  People in this country have a severely screwed up sense of what a normal-size person should look like.  There could be a little bit of jealousy thrown in there too.  

The next time somebody makes that comment, pull out the before-pics, show 'em and say "How come you never said anything when I was GAINING weight?  Oh, because that would have been rude?  Well, guess what - it's just as rude to comment on my size and weight now.  Please don't do it again."  

I promise you won't hear it again 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

pharmagirl_45
on 10/1/14 2:46 am - NJ
VSG on 01/14/14 with

Thank you Tracy.

KattattaK
on 10/1/14 3:00 am
On October 1, 2014 at 9:29 AM Pacific Time, Tracy D. wrote:

I think you look GREAT and definitely not "too skinny".  People in this country have a severely screwed up sense of what a normal-size person should look like.  There could be a little bit of jealousy thrown in there too.  

The next time somebody makes that comment, pull out the before-pics, show 'em and say "How come you never said anything when I was GAINING weight?  Oh, because that would have been rude?  Well, guess what - it's just as rude to comment on my size and weight now.  Please don't do it again."  

I promise you won't hear it again 

I'm 100% with Tracy D on this one!!! I experienced this exact same thing when I lost a lot of weight with the lap band years ago! I hate to say it, but sometimes people CAN be a bit jealous. For me personally, many of my friends were skinny and gorgeous. I was the fat chick, and I think they viewed me as "safe" and not a "threat" (needless to say, I am no longer friends with any of those women). The more weight I lost, the more outgoing and confident I became, and they didn't care for the new me. That was long ago. I am hoping to get my priorities right to see if I am a good candidate for revision surgery soon. Keep rockin your sleeve cuz haters gonna hate ;)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 303 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 349 views