My last nerve is getting poked.

Sharshar_
on 10/7/14 6:01 am, edited 10/7/14 12:12 pm - Hilton head island, SC

I finished my insurance's checklist for approval 3 weeks ago. I've been calling my surgeon's office every week since.... Every time I get through to them they brush me off with "your info will be sent very soon, not to worry..." Stupidly, I believe them and when I call the following week to confirm, they tell me they haven't sent it and repeat the same excuse. I'm so anxious all the time waiting for a response from insurance. I've been waiting for so long... How long did it take you all to receive a response after your documents were submitted?

MarcyisMyName
on 10/7/14 6:13 am

Wow, that is crazy. My info was submitted the day my surgeon's office received it; they called two hours later to schedule my final appointment with the surgeon because it had already been approved. Hope your office can get their stuff together and submit it already.

MePaw
on 10/7/14 6:14 am - WV

Insurance headaches! It took me two months after 12 months of nutrition classes to get approved. Then my surgery date was changed twice. However, after submission of all my info, my date came quite fast, like within a two week period. I am only a month out from surgery. That is one of our lessons I suppose, patience.

Dawn ..
on 10/7/14 7:33 am - MI
VSG on 09/23/14

Sorry you are going through this. I was shocked that they submitted mine and called me the next day and said it was approved. It took 2 months for the PCP to sign her document!

Consult 12/9/13, Pre-Surgery Appt 9/5/14, Surgery 9/23/14, Height/5'.52", HW/273,  ConsW/268 ConsBMI/49, PreSurW/213 PreSurBMI/39, SurW/193.8 SurBMI/35.4, Drs GW/140-150 My 1st GW/160 2nd GW/145
Visit my online store at dawnsjewelrybox.com  Independent Consultant ID 30858

Brownsuga19321
on 10/7/14 10:18 am
VSG on 09/30/14 with

What's your insurance? Mines was submitted in 2 days n approved a week later!. 3 Weeks is way to long, what are they waiting on? I would be harassing them all damn day

Sharshar_
on 10/7/14 12:13 pm - Hilton head island, SC

I have blue cross blue shield of Alabama. I did call them again today... Got the answering machine...

Keeshaja
on 10/7/14 12:25 pm
DS on 10/21/14

It only took one day, I would keep calling because if they have everything why are they taking there sweet time I would be mad too. 

I'm Still Loving, Still Praying and Still Dreaming....

Redhotqtee
on 10/7/14 9:36 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

I have Anthem BC/BS.. My info was submitted to my insurance co after my final visit with the surgeon/NUT/Nurse. That was on a Thursday. I waited to hear back, but I was so anxious, so I called the Insurance co myself.  I called and they told me that it was just approved that day.. It was actually the following week.  I would call your insurance co, ask for the preauthorization department and ask them if they actually have your paperwork or not.  That way, if they do, you can bypass your surgeon's office and just deal with the ins co.  Then when you find out it's been approved, call your surgeon's office to find out your date. It can be very frustrating, especially when you're depending on others to do what they are paid to do...

Valerie G.
on 10/7/14 11:52 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Call and ask for the office manager to request a copy of all the documentation so you can take it to another surgeon's office that is more interested in having you as a patient because they obviously aren't interested.  I'll bet they get on their **** then.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

56sunShine14
on 10/8/14 12:57 am

That I exactly what I would have done also.  You have the power to take charge of your life.  Don't leave it up to inept people.

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen