Am I Ready??

Karen H.
on 10/8/14 12:16 pm
VSG on 12/08/14

I have BCBS of NC State Plan Insurance. This is what I have had done so far: Referral by personal doctor for WLS,X-rays to show osteoarthritis and degenerative disk disease, blood work,  mamagram, colonosophy, pap smear, sleep study, psych eval, nutrition class, exercise class, support group session, 3 WL doctors visits, Dietician visit. Those of you who have NC BCBS State plan,,,,, am I ready to talk to surgeon now? I have an appointment next week for the dietician visit and just wonder how close I am to having surgery. ??? Thanks in advance. :)

jenn1469
on 10/8/14 12:38 pm

I don't have your insurance but sounds like you have it all covered. ..good luck

Jennifer

Sleevarilla
on 10/8/14 12:55 pm

I have BCBS of NC (but not the state one) and I didn't have to do most of that. Have you checked your policy? Also, my surgeon had a packet for me on my first visit that outlined everything. They were very motivated to get me approved, and they knew what they were doing.

Follow my journey: www.sleevarilla.com

It never gets easier. You just get better!

Karen H.
on 10/8/14 1:02 pm
VSG on 12/08/14

No, I haven't seen a surgeon yet. I am hoping I will very soon. ??? I feel like I have been thru the ringer with all those appointments!! Hope to hear something next week. Maybe I should call tomorrow to see where I am in this process. I want to have my surgery before the year is out.... you got it...... insurance deductible!! :) This waiting is HARD!! :)

Sleevarilla
on 10/8/14 1:56 pm

Are you near Raleigh? Have you decided on a surgeon?

Follow my journey: www.sleevarilla.com

It never gets easier. You just get better!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views