Surgery scheduled after 2 weeks.. ADVICES & SUPPORT PLZ

Hagar
on 10/12/14 9:43 am - Egypt

hi … My surgery is scheduled after 2 weeks, the surgeon told me it'll be either on 25th or 26th of october, he sent me an e-mail with some information post-op., but I'm still worried and confused, would love to here from people who went through this.. he sent me two documents one mentioned that for the first 10 days all i can have is LIQUID DIET, while the other document had examples for what i can eat in the first and second weeks post op, and it says low fat milk, yoghurt, cottage cheese, pureed vegetables, soft toast, pureed apple or banana!! I WONDER HOW THESE ARE LIQUID DIET!!! then for the 3rd and 4th weeks all food is pureed, potatoes, chicken, fish and meat, or tuna… 

DID ANYONE ate cottage cheese, pureed vegetables during the first week after surgery???

I will sure discuss it with the surgeon again when he's back from London before the surgery, but as i said it's good to hear from someone who've been there..

and yeah! anyone suffered hairloss after the surgery??

Sorry for the long topic, but I'm very excited, scared, happy, worried 

Thank y'all

Dawn ..
on 10/12/14 10:29 am, edited 10/12/14 10:30 am - MI
VSG on 09/23/14

Congratulations on getting your date.

My plan was 2 weeks clear liquid diet and 5 protein shakes per day, before surgery. After surgery was a week clear liquid diet (broth, sf/ff drinks popcicles and jello). The next week was full liquid diet (creamed soups with no chunks, cottage cheese and everything from clear liquid diet). I am currently on the pureed food stage, and this coming week is the soft food stage.

You should DEFINITELY call your doctor for clarification on your paperwork. Good luck to you.

Consult 12/9/13, Pre-Surgery Appt 9/5/14, Surgery 9/23/14, Height/5'.52", HW/273,  ConsW/268 ConsBMI/49, PreSurW/213 PreSurBMI/39, SurW/193.8 SurBMI/35.4, Drs GW/140-150 My 1st GW/160 2nd GW/145
Visit my online store at dawnsjewelrybox.com  Independent Consultant ID 30858

BurberryPlaid
on 10/13/14 1:18 am, edited 10/13/14 1:23 am - MA
VSG on 09/29/14

Post-op I am on full liquids for 2 weeks (2 more days until I move to soft foods) On full liquids I am allowed protein shakes, milk, plain/vanilla yogurt, SF pudding & Jell-o, SF Popsicles, broth, creamy soups (strained), egg beaters/egg whites and plain cottage cheese. Fruit/veggies are only allowed if blended into my shake. 

My plan does not have a puréed stage...I'll be moving on straight to soft foods.

Good luck & congrats on getting a date!

- Steph Consult W 311 / SW 293 / Current W 267/ GW 165-160 HT: 5'9"

Hagar
on 10/14/14 7:32 am - Egypt

yesss, that's what's written in my pamphlet, so these (egg beaters/egg whites and plain cottage cheese, creamy soups) are ok in the first 2 weeks!

thank u :) this makes me comfortable till i meet my doctor again.. 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views