..will I get denied

Tealeyes
on 10/15/14 10:54 am
VSG on 11/12/14

I went for my last nutrionist appointment tonight and weighed it two pounds heavier than when I started.  The nurse told me that i could be denied because of that.    but she said you have one more weigh in at your preop appointment which is TOMORROW....I am scared to death I am going to get denied because of that.  I have Aetna.......I will be SOOOO upset  if that happens.  It is making me SICK!!!

I need to loose two pounds by tomorrow morning!!!!!!

NLHRN
on 10/15/14 12:50 pm
VSG on 08/26/14

Were you on a supervised diet? Told to lose? I know I wasn't told I had to..just that any wt I did lose would make surg that much safer

HW-410  Consult-380  SW-364.4 

1/12/15-310.2lbs

Tealeyes
on 10/15/14 12:53 pm
VSG on 11/12/14

No I wasn't on a surpervised diet...they told me not to gain any weight....and I was doing  very well  NOT gaining...until today...and then tomorrow..I have to weighin for my final weigh in ..  The nurse told me today ...that worst case scenario....i will have to postpone the surgery for a couple more months....and I do NOT want to have to do that!!!

SarahSTAR4zero1
on 10/15/14 1:08 pm - Woonsocket, RI

2lbs can be from anything it can be time of day u were weighed, if youve eaten if u have drank if u havent pooped or peed. Honestly i dont think it should be an issue.

Tealeyes
on 10/15/14 1:10 pm
VSG on 11/12/14

Thanks for the encouragment Sarah!  i sure hope you are right!!

SarahSTAR4zero1
on 10/15/14 1:15 pm - Woonsocket, RI

My weigh in at my last nutrition was +6 lbs. That was 5 days before surgery so i did liquid diet for 4 days. The fourthday i drank that fizzy poop drink and ate nothing cleared myself right.out. went in for surgery thw next.day at 12 pm and they didnt even weigh me. Lol. The only reason they want you to TRY and lose weight is to decrease liver size. 

Tealeyes
on 10/15/14 1:20 pm
VSG on 11/12/14

I guess  I will find out tomorrow...

Did you have aetna???   at my first consult she said ...You don't have to loose any weight specifially...BUT PLEASE DON'T gain anything!!!!  That is what scares me/

+

lionhounds
on 10/15/14 1:21 pm - Burleson, TX

Don't worry about it. They want you to lose the weight, but when your BMI is way up there  for years, all they care about is helping you lose the weight.  Every single month on my diet I gained weight at ever single weigh in.  I have my surgery in the morning and I have lost 25lbs in the past 15 days by just eating no fat and 10 carbs a day and only about 600 calories.  They are not going to cancel your surgery cause you gained weight.  I have Med Mutual.  But I know that Aetna are NOT nice to work with.

Tealeyes
on 10/15/14 1:26 pm
VSG on 11/12/14

Yea...that is what I am afraid of....Aetna...

byt GOOD luck to  you!!! Can't wait to hear about your experiance!!!

Thanks for the reply!

Bettyann

poet_kelly
on 10/15/14 1:28 pm - OH

I don't know.  Do you mean you are worried your insurance will deny your surgery?  Do they have a policy requiring you can't gain anything?  If they do, then I guess they would follow the policy and deny it.

Or do you mean you are worried your surgeon won't operate if you've gained?  That's a different issue.  Does his office require you not gain anything?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.