Counting DOWN! 7 Days

Hagar
on 10/16/14 10:07 am - Egypt

My Doctor called today to inform me the surgery was rescheduled to be on next friday 24th… I've got tons of unrelated feelings fighting inside me!!!

I need every single support! how bad will nausea and vomiting will get post op.?? will it be continuos or just after eating? will i be able to go back to attending my lectures and work after 2 weeks?..

please tell me everything i should expect in order to be ready! I need to hear from you...

I'm so scared that i'm thinking if its worth the pain?! but i'm also reminding myself that i'm already IN PAIN for being obese.. 

THIS IS PANIC!!!!!!!

zballard
on 10/16/14 10:30 am - NYC, NY
VSG on 10/08/14

I will admit, I had pain, I had nausea, I had gas. But the only thing I truly remember is that I had it and that I maybe overreacted a bit in the recovery room ( ok a lot, guess I'm a wimp). I know feel good and like that I can't eat much and am loosing weight and INCHES!!!!!!! So soldier on and stay the course. It is worth it in the end.

5ft HW 244 SW      

wellzen
on 10/16/14 10:45 am

I  had nausea for the first two days. I never threw up. My doctor told me to expect it. They took great care of me at the hospital. Gave me anti nausea meds. and pain  meds. The pain was not bad at all. I would do it all over again. By the time I got home I was getting my required fluids. I needed lots of rest. Take care of yourself. Get your fluids, walk and rest.

Wellzen   VSG 9/8/14  SW 261 

tstowe
on 10/16/14 11:56 am, edited 10/16/14 11:58 am

Remember everyone is different...

I had nausea for just a little while (few hours) the day after surgery. In the beginning you will be on a clear liquid diet... chicken broth, beef broth, sugar free popsicles, etc. Also, you won't have much feeling in your stomach in the beginning. So, not much nausea from that.

You will be weak while you are on the clear liquids too. I was out one week for the actual surgery and one week to recover. After 10 days of clear liquid I moved up to thicker liquids (cream of mushroom, puree'd chicken noodle, etc). As you get closer to real food you'll get more energy. At two week you aint gonna be running marathons or working high-rise construction but you should be good.

The pain the first day was non-existent (yea morphine). Day two suuuccckkked (no morphine)... it was from the gas. Day three was much better. By about noon on day four I felt good. Tired easily but good.

I'm just at six weeks out and it was so worth it. I've gone from a size 50 pants to a 42. From a 4XL shirt to a 2XL. Now, I've been losing fast and I don't expect to keep loosing at this pace but it sure is nice.

Don't panic. Get the operation. It is VERY MUCH worth it!

BurberryPlaid
on 10/16/14 12:45 pm, edited 10/16/14 12:48 pm - MA
VSG on 09/29/14

Everyone is different but for me it went very smooth

if you are worried about nausea tell the anesthesiologist. They can give you a patch behind your ear and/or meds to help with that. I got both & never experienced any nauseau.

When I first woke up I felt like someone was sitting on my chest but once they got that pain under control I felt minimal pain around my incisions. That was also well controlled. I took pain meds for 2 days after I got home but haven't needed anything since. I heating pad helps a lot too if you have pain/soreness.

I am now 17 days post op. I am still out of work for 10 more days but I felt good enough to go back at his past Monday (at 2 weeks) if I had to. I probably would have been exhausted once I got home though.

Best of luck...I know you'll do great!

- Steph Consult W 311 / SW 293 / Current W 267/ GW 165-160 HT: 5'9"

Hagar
on 10/17/14 7:49 am - Egypt

ُthank u all for ur support… i wish everything will just go smoothly… my dad also started to panic today and was talking about postponing the surgery for december but I'm still convincing him that i can't wait till december, and ill have exams then so i won't be able to have some days off after operation! UGH!!!! WORRYING SUCKS!! 

Most Active