Pre Op diet

Tealeyes
on 10/17/14 10:48 am
VSG on 11/12/14

In reading the post i notice a really big differance in the time of the Pre Op diet.....Some have to do it for a month...and others only 4 days.....I just wonder why ??? what is the reasoning.  Anyone know??

Bettyann

hollykim
on 10/17/14 11:02 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On October 17, 2014 at 5:48 PM Pacific Time, Tealeyes wrote:

In reading the post i notice a really big differance in the time of the Pre Op diet.....Some have to do it for a month...and others only 4 days.....I just wonder why ??? what is the reasoning.  Anyone know??

Bettyann

it is because surgeons are all different ppl with different ideas of what works. If they were all clones,the diets would be exactly the same.

happytoloose
on 10/17/14 2:59 pm

Well, the way I understand the pre op diet, is its in order ti "shrink" your liver. So its possible that it may take some folks less dieting to achieve this and some more.

A gal in my class had zero restrictions pre op until midnight the night before surgery, then no eat or drink at all.

mine is 14 days of pretty much anything nutritional and nude 1000cal a day. Same surgeon, same procedure same day.

So it looks to me that everyone is truly different.

Not going too bad for me, a couple of protein shakes, a couple slices of turkey breast, a pickle, and a piece of string cheese or

A half cup of skim cottage cheese, keeps me from being terribly hungry. I'm on day 5 right now and haven't choked anyone yet.!! LOL

I do feel the hungriest but just fill up on fluids when I do. 9 days to go. I think I can do JUST ABOUT ANYTHING for 9 more days.

I am sooo excited and sooo ready for this.

Hope you feel the excitement that I do.

Good luck, and god bless

Rod

Tealeyes
on 10/17/14 10:26 pm
VSG on 11/12/14

Thank you Rod.....I guess you are right. Everyone is differant. My doctor said four days but I am thinking I am going to do a week....Just to Make sure. My surgery is on Nov 12th...and Yes I am very excited.....also a tad nervous. Please keep posting so I can follow your journey...

Bettyann

lfenix
on 10/18/14 10:03 pm
VSG on 10/27/14 with

I'm on the pre op diet for two weeks, and thought it would be no big deal. But one of the main reasons I'm having the surgery is because I hate being hungry all the time when I diet and not losing any weight. I've been on a 1200 cal.one meal a day, no carbs, protein shakes and bars diet for a week. I've lost two pounds, and that was all in the first two days.  My metabolic rate us very low. I'm starting to worry that this surgery isn't even going to work.

54, Height 5'2", HW 229 PreOp Diet SW 220  Surg W 214 (10/27/14) GW 135 CW 192

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views