Surgery rescheduled ( and not by me)

navyrob74
on 10/20/14 11:03 pm - Pasadena, MD

I just got a call from the surgeons office that they need to reschedule my surgery because the doctor has something to do that day. I can not believe this is happeing. For the last 6 months I have been to every appointment, poke and prodded ever way to sunday had everything set with my work only to ge sidelined 49hrs before my surgery. Now I have to wait another week and hope something else does not come up.The owrse part is they act like its no big deal. Sorry for venting but this is really upsetting.

jenn1469
on 10/20/14 11:17 pm

I would be mad too...hopefully they won't resecdule

Jennifer

J B
on 10/20/14 11:48 pm

I'm sorry to hear this, too - but do not worry too much.. One more week will fly by quite quickly. I know it's a huge set-back, but fortunately it's not for too long.  Tough situation, I know :-(

Gastric Sleeve on 14 July 2014.  Highest weight: 311, Pre-surgery weight 300, Current weight 210.

mickeymantle
on 10/21/14 4:18 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

I had to be rescheduled a few days before my surgery , I had a skin infection , turns out the person that took my place got hooked up to the IV then they discovered they where missing a tool and he had to wait 5 hours for them to ship the tool from the medical supplier , the surgeon was pissed

so sometimes things happen for the better an other week will not matter in the long run and it will give you more time to lose more weight and have a safer surgery

all will be as it should be

when mt surgery was postponed  I was on the liquid diet for 1 week already an the surgeon said I should go to Red Lobster  (grilled shrimp still my favorite there )

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,