7 Days Away!

KimmyKat3
on 10/21/14 10:40 am - Yonkers, NY
VSG on 10/28/14

Oct. 28th is quickly approaching. I really just don't know how to feel right now. I'm so excited, I'm really nervous, and I know this is probably the biggest change of my life. I feel completely blessed to be in this position. This is the opportunity I have been waiting for , and it begins in 7 days. I have all my protein ready, just still need my liquid vitamins. I'm not even worried that I'm missing Halloween, and I'm going to have to stay in on my b-day Nov. 3rd( This whole surgery is my bday gift to myself. I didn't want to spend the rest of my 20's unhappy with my weight) I just keep on thinking how amazing I'll feel and look next year at this time, so that keeps me going. Still need to take some before pictures too. How did some of you guys prepare for surgery?.... to-do lists, foods, supplements, etc...

KimmyKat

Dawn ..
on 10/21/14 12:02 pm, edited 10/21/14 12:03 pm - MI
VSG on 09/23/14

I am thrilled for you. You are probably going through a bunch of  emotions right now, I did too. You'll do great because you sound as though you have given a lot of thought about your health and the surgery.

I bought way too much food in preparation. Ton of broth. I also bought a ton of cream soups for the next stage, and way too many cans of refried beans for the pureed stage. If you have a pet, you may need to make arrangements for someone to feed them and/or let them out while you're in the hospital. You will want to bring some lip balm, a pair of slippers and maybe a robe (I was pretty cold when I was up walking the hallways). Good luck to you.

Consult 12/9/13, Pre-Surgery Appt 9/5/14, Surgery 9/23/14, Height/5'.52", HW/273,  ConsW/268 ConsBMI/49, PreSurW/213 PreSurBMI/39, SurW/193.8 SurBMI/35.4, Drs GW/140-150 My 1st GW/160 2nd GW/145
Visit my online store at dawnsjewelrybox.com  Independent Consultant ID 30858

(deactivated member)
on 10/21/14 12:07 pm
with

Best of luck! You'll do great.

As far as how did I prepare, I just made sure I had comfy clothes, and pretty much all of the things I'd need for the first two weeks - once I was back from the hospital (I stayed 2 full days) I was fine and felt I had over prepared - but, I'd rather be in that spot...

Some good things to have on hand are gas-x strips, a sports type water bottle, antacid type meds - your doctor should give you a list and let you know when and what you can take. Popsicles were a life saver for me - always felt better after having them during my liquid recovery phase.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 63 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 246 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views