LCHF Folk

Mrs_Desire _
on 10/27/14 4:52 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/18/13

So where are the low carb, high fat, high protein folk?

I need some breakfast ideas that do NOT include Eggs.

I also need some snack ideas. I have been snacking on summer sausage and cheese. I realize that nuts and berries should be a last resort for snacks. Well really any fruit because it is high in sugar.

Just trying this SLIGHTLY this weekend, I dropped 2 pounds.

http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf

Myfitnesspal: MsDesire​  - Revision from Realize Band Patient

Height: 5'10" HW: 305  SW: 298 Surg Goal: 195 Endo Goal: 165 

Gwen M.
on 10/27/14 4:54 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I recommend googling "paleo breakfast recipes" for ideas.  They tend to have lots of good ones.  I've seen some breakfast meat loafs, for example, that look awesome.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Mrs_Desire _
on 10/27/14 5:10 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/18/13

Thanks Gwen!!!

Myfitnesspal: MsDesire​  - Revision from Realize Band Patient

Height: 5'10" HW: 305  SW: 298 Surg Goal: 195 Endo Goal: 165 

Stacy_WLS
on 10/27/14 5:12 am

OMG saag paneer -- would fit in perfectly and it is delicious.  It isn't really a breakfast food, but I could eat it anytime!  I'm full on it right now.

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Luvmygs
on 10/27/14 5:14 am
VSG on 12/04/14

You can also do a search on Pinterest "Low carb recipes". Check out eggface web site too: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

ElizaM
on 10/27/14 5:14 am
VSG on 07/24/14

This is my bailiwick! 

The routine I've sort of settled into is that my shake is my breakfast (drink on the way to work), and then I eat meal 1 at about 10am. I don't really limit myself to breakfast food, so it could be "dinner" type food, cheese, or whole milk greek yogurt (if I can find it, ugh).  I have a stash of portioned out food in the fridge and I grab 2 for each workday. I get sick of eggs, too. I try to rotate through my food choices so I don't get sick of anything. 

I think nuts are ok, but they don't make me feel so great. I don't typically eat snacks but if I'm on the run, I'll eat beef snack sticks (glorified Slim Jims), a shake, salami, Babybel cheeses, or pouches of almond butter. I love broiling salami with a little cheese on top as a quick meal.

Some of my favorite meals lately:

Langostino tails dipped in butter/lemon juice

Pizza casserole (basically broiling the toppings of a pizza)

Taco fillings 

Grilled shrimp with butter

Chicken salad with a vinaigrette

Steak! Lamb chops! 

My husband made fried chicken with garbanzo flour. It was promising... we'll definitely try it again. 

My biggest challenge is limiting dairy. I love it and it's so convenient but I think meat is a better choice. 

32F 5'8" High weight: 432 | Consult weight: 396 | Surgery weight: 335 | Current weight: 170

Valerie G.
on 10/27/14 6:26 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

One of my favorite snacks are cheese crisps.  Just make haystacks of shredded cheese on a greased pan (or parchment paper) or muffin tin and bake until they get good and bubbly.  I also love ricotta cheese. I make pudding with it or a cheese bake with eggs, vanilla and a little sweetener for a cheesecake-kind-of-thing.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

G5x5
on 10/28/14 2:34 am - VA

Sorry: Eggs are perfect food.  Almost perfect on vitamins, fat and protein balance.  Gotta figure them out since hard boiled ones make the best emergency snacks.  I hear you about them though, you just gotta make your peace with them.

Check the ingredients on the summar sausage, some manufactures sneak in sugar.  Also, for cheese, only buy the good high end stuff.  Stay away from any processed name brand, those manufacturers mess with the ingredients in them too much.  It it wasn't stored in a barn for a while, question it.  LOL

Remember, the general idea behind LCHF is to switch over to fat-adaption for energy.  Once complete, you shouldn't need any snacks or frequent meals.  In fact, you should forget to eat sometimes if you get busy.  If you haven't reached that state, check everything for hidden sugars and get off all the grains.  Grains are an opiat that induces hunger.  As long as you have sugar or grain in your diet, you've "got the monkey on your back" so to speak.

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views