The honest truth please (Recent Sleeve Patients)

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 11/7/14 4:10 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

It depends on how far out you are from surgery and what you're eating.

If I eat dense protein, I can eat about 3-4 ounces with about 1/2 cup of vegetables.

If I eat yogurt, I can eat a 5.3 ounce container with no problems.

Think of the sleeved stomach like a hollow hot dog.  If the food you eat is soft or a liquid, it will pour through the stomach and out the pyloric valve quickly.  If it's dense, the pyloric valve will close and the stomach will process it as it normally would.  

One thing to be wary of is grazing.  It's very easy to snack on foods all day if you don't eat regular meals that give you the feeling of satiety.  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

ElizaM
on 11/7/14 4:27 am
VSG on 07/24/14

Approx 3 months out:

I can eat 2 oz of meat over 20-30 minutes. Maybe 3 oz if it's ground meat.

I can eat 6-7 oz of yogurt or other really soft food.

32F 5'8" High weight: 432 | Consult weight: 396 | Surgery weight: 335 | Current weight: 170

Beauti123
on 11/7/14 5:51 am

Congratulation keep up the excellent work I am right behind you!

amyvsg6614
on 11/7/14 11:17 pm
VSG on 06/06/14

I am 5 months post.. for breakfast I can eat one scrambled egg a slice of american cheese melted on top with about 1 tsp of real bacon bits.. That is my max sized portion for eggs.. Soup is different because it goes straight through.. If it is a hearty bowl of chili I can probably eat 3/4 cup. MAYBE 1 cup.. If it is a lunch meat sandwich, I can eat half.. TOPS.. bowl of cereal I can do like 1/4C cereal/1C milk... Everyone is different tho.. What I can eat and be comfortable with may be way too much for someone else... I have eaten to the point of throwing up before because I ate wayyy too fast.. That is no fun.. Just eat slow :) I have also eaten 3 tater tots once and had horrible chest pains and cramps the entire night... It was horrible.. So it may FIT but it may make you feel like total garbage :)

reset2014
on 11/8/14 12:17 am

Sleeved on 10/24/14.  I am in week 3 post op.  The first few days post op I could barely get in a 16 oz bottle of water.  I learned warm liquids work better for me.  I did liquids for the first two weeks and was able to get a decent amount in.  I never really feel restricted.  I have started pureed foods this week.  I can eat a 5.3 oz greek yougurt, and meals are a 1/2 cup of pureed...whatever ( I am loving the black beans, salsa, and greek yogurt).  I have never pushed the limits to test it.  It doesn't take me a long time to eat or drink.  I also don't feel the desire to eat any more.  Not stuffed, just satisfied.  If that makes sense. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views