Slow weight lose

navyrob74
on 11/11/14 7:35 pm - Pasadena, MD

I am 2 weeks post op and my weight lose is going real slow, I am avg. 63 grams of protein a day, 30 carbs and 27 sugar. My fluid intake is around 80 oz. But since surgery my weight lose is getting less each day. I was avg about 1lb a day but recently it has gone down to 1/2lb. I really don't know what else to do because I thought I would be losing more then I am. I have been going to the gym each day and doing 40 min. Of cardio since I cannot lift weight yet. Any advise would be great. 

sechax0r
on 11/11/14 8:26 pm
VSG on 11/03/14

I am sure like me you gained about 10lbs in the hospital due to the fluids they pumped into you. It took about a week for those to work out of my system, so you probably had a stall while that worked out of your system. Your body is still adjusting so it may take some time for the weight to start coming off again. Just keep with what you are doing and it will happen. Also, I see you are a Marylander as well. If I can ask, who did your surgery (PM me if you prefer). Would love to compare experiences.

navyrob74
on 11/11/14 8:39 pm - Pasadena, MD

Dr. Dovec from GBMC did my surgery and she was wonderful. I can't say enough good things about them. I had to wait 6 months because of my insurance. But other then that they took care of everything. I feel like they really had me ready for the surgery. 

sechax0r
on 11/11/14 8:41 pm
VSG on 11/03/14

I had my done at Shady Grove in Rockville with Dr. Greene. He is really good, strict, but good. I only had to wait 2 months because it was deemed "medically necessary". I just saw the bill from the hospital. Wowsers! 

Twinsmom03
on 11/11/14 9:56 pm
VSG on 10/30/14

Hey guys nice to meet some locals. I had my Sleeve done at Franklin Square by Dr. Christopher You. Very strict program, 6 months weekly supervised weight loss program, psych, dietician, 2 weeks pre op diet. I'm 2 weeks post op Tomarrow and get to start puréeds....I'm thrilled. Haven't had any problems with nausea or getting fluids in. Good luck to you both!

sechax0r
on 11/11/14 10:04 pm
VSG on 11/03/14

Nice to meet you as well. I was all liquids from consult date, since we went "fast paced". I have felt good as well. No nausea or pain, just a little brain fog which is clearing up. My bed time is now an hour earlier and I usually crave a nap about mid day, but I am getting up earlier as well so all good there as well. Today I was up at 6, took my meds, did a 1/2 mile walk then started work. I used to drag out of bed at 8, drink a pot of coffee and still feel like crap. The difference is amazing!

Belle Ink
on 11/12/14 12:06 am

I am just two months out, so I remember the frustration. It does seem like you lose slowly the first few weeks and then if you hit the 3 week stall, it is very discouraging. You find yourself thinking, I am the one person that this isn't going to work for. But guess what? You aren't. I think it is our bodies just getting used to a new way of life and healing from the trauma of surgery. If you follow your doctor's plan, you will be successful. It works. Be patient and keep trudging on. 

Tracy D.
on 11/12/14 12:34 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I don't know what your doctor expects but my surgeon specifically did NOT want me losing more than a pound a day.  A pound a day for an extended period of time isn't reasonable.  You need to expect that your weight loss will fluctuate on a daily and weekly basis.  If it impacts your mood then you need to stay off the scale and just weigh once a week or once a month.  

You are doing everything perfectly - absolutely perfect!  You don't need to change anything up or increase your exercise.  In fact, the exercise could be causing a scale slow down because it tends to make us retain water.  But in the meantime you are probably dropping inches so start keeping track of your measurements!  

Don't get discouraged...this is the way things go.  It's perfectly normal and you're doing everything right!  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

mickeymantle
on 11/12/14 1:23 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

1/2 lb a day is normal , it is a ton of weight it is over 150 lb a year , 15 lb a month

your eating way to much sugar  add more protein I eat 80 gms of protein a day, and  less carbs

40 minutes of cardio seems a lot so soon after surgery I would check with my surgeon if I was you

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Tracy D.
on 11/12/14 3:54 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Yikes - I missed the 27 grams of sugar!  Where's that coming from if carbs are only 30?? 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15