Cardiologist today - Abnormal EKG

champagne301
on 11/19/14 9:28 am

Hi everyone. So today I had my final pre-req apt, or so I thought, with the Cardiologist. Blood Pressure is good, everything seemed good, and then he tells me that my EKG showed a Late/Delayed Transition? I have to return next week for an Ultrasound. Has anyone ever heard of this, and what does this really mean? I tried to google, but am not coming up with much. The Dr said it might be just my heart slightly moved or rotated due to my weight, and he said I shouldn't be concerned. But he also said it could be from an old heart attack, or weakening of the heart, and that freaked me out! Anyone have any experience with this? I'd appreciate it. :)

weeziebeth
on 11/19/14 9:34 am

did he maybe say delayed conduction?

HW 285 SW 248 CW 218  Surgery date: 12/2/14                 "Life itself is the proper binge." Julia Child      

"Never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.''  Winston Churchill

champagne301
on 11/19/14 9:41 am

I'm pretty sure he said transition :/

Rojo140
on 11/19/14 10:11 am
VSG on 05/12/14

I can't speak to the transition issue, but I also had a pre-op report AND a discharge report indicating a prior heart attack and a "poor R wave progression" - all of which was news to me as I'd never had any heart issues.  Two weeks post op, I was sent for tests (bloodwork, stress test and echocardiogram), all of which came back perfectly normal.  Both the cardiologist and my surgeon said that there are lots of reasons for a false reading on an EKG, including a lead being misplaced or low potassium, and that being obese can make placing the leads more difficult.  I hope your situation will resolve just as easily.  Try not to worry!

GoBlueGirl1998
on 11/19/14 10:55 am - MI

My EKG came back abnormal and the cardiologist said because of the leads placed incorrectly and he implied my breasts were larger and that can cause false readings. The funny thing is they aren't that big. The second go around everything was fine. Good luck to you.

mickeymantle
on 11/19/14 2:51 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

my ekg came back with funny waves that the cardiologist said could be coursed by being obese or even high cholesterol,(mine is fine) but I had a stress test with drugs no treadmill  and it came back fine 

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 130 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 386 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 419 views