Stressed and depressed

Bob-47
on 11/29/14 2:28 am

Not sure what is going on but any feedback would be grateful. This time of year I always get super stressed. Money worries seems to be top of the list. Seems like all my big bills are due now not to mention Christmas. I think in the past I would compensate by indulging in the treats of the season but now I am cautious about what I'm eating. We talks about this when I went for my psych. evaluation and need some insight.I still am doing well (down 80lbs. since 7/30 surgery) but need a new coping skill. Any help would be appreciated. I have been thinking about talking to a therapist.

Gwen M.
on 11/29/14 2:42 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I think talking to a therapist would be a great step - I know that mine is an important part of my Obesity Recovery Team.  I've also been diagnosed with SAD in the past and having full spectrum lightbulbs in my house really helps me this time of year.  

For me, staying busy is helpful since it helps keep my stress levels down.  Of course, if I get too busy then my stress levels go through the roof, so it's a balancing act, right?  :P  Exercising really helps me to stay on an even keel and also just making time for quiet activity like reading or cross stitching, those things really help to moderate my stress as well.  

But now you've reminded me that I still need to figure out what to buy for my 16 year old nephew.  SO ARGH.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Bob-47
on 11/29/14 3:14 am

Thanks Gwen. I was thinking about buying some melatonin because I feel I too suffer at times with SAD. I do exercise everyday and that gets rid of some stress as well. I like to piddle around in my yard but this time of year gets a little cool some times. I might try to pick up a new hobby like bowling or some other indoor activity for the winter. As for you nephew money or a gift card always works well for that age group. You know we are not as cool as they think we are so buying something might just be too tricky. GOOD LUCK.

Hislady
on 11/29/14 6:54 am - Vancouver, WA

There are always volunteer jobs that need done this time if year. All the groups that collect for gifts for kids and the Salvation Army always can use help, then there are the homeless shelters that can always use help. There are always places that can use help all year long.

Working with a therapist is always goo to help see where to put your attention and sort things out. Try to concentrate on the positive in your life not the negative. It's only 1/12 th of our lives so really not much in the whole scheme of things.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 48 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 48 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 212 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 295 views